13. The Other Betrayer

.

After leaving Yun SuKong, Zhao ZhuYong, Wang ShanMei, Zhao ChaoYun and the disciples, had gone down tunnel after tunnel, till they came to a medium sized Cave.

"We've put some distance between us, so let's try and have the baby here." Zhao ZhuYong had noticed that Wang ShanMei had gotten weaker, so he gently lowered her down.

"I'm here!" Zhao ZhuYong held his wife's hand, and she clutched his hand tightly, unable to even scream, for fear of drawing the enemy.

The female disciples handled most of the delivery, and before long, an infant's cry had filled the Cave.

Before they could rejoice, they realised the problem.

"They're going to follow the sound!" Zhao ChaoYun pointed out.

"And there's all the blood!" Zhao ZhuYong had already began helping his wife up. "Cover the child's mouth! We have to move at once!"

They set off again, but Lady Wang was still bleeding and in pain, which meant trying to avoid their pursuers was pointless.

The monsters were lesser demons, so they would be able to trace blood from miles away.

They had to come up with another plan of action.

.

The group had been moving for a while, with Zhao ZhuYong and Zhao ChaoYun still supporting Wang ShanMei between them.

They went down tunnel after tunnel, till they eventually reached a smaller cave.

"Let's stop here for a while!" Zhao ZhuYong. He lowered his wife gently to the ground again, then cradled her softly in his arms. "*Mei Mei, I want you to go ahead with the child."

*Mei Mei - pet name- Little sister/ Beautiful Lady ( The 'Mei' in ShanMei means 'Beautiful'

She was already shaking her head in protest, but he put a finger to her lips.

"You have to think about the little one." Zhao ZhuYong glanced at the baby, who was snuggled in Zhao ChaoYun's arms. "It's a girl. We have a daughter." He kissed her forehead before continuing.

"She's going to need her mother. I will use the blood summoning technique to draw the enemy away."

"That's dangerous!" Wang ShanMei protested. "She needs her father too! I know you can fight off a whole army, but you were poisoned! Look what happened elder brother Xin! Added to that, the enemy even know their way round the manor, and around these labyrinth of caves.

"It's too suspicious! Though you haven't said anything, you can probably guess who is behind this, right? You know he won't let you live, if he has the chance. If you go like this, you may not be able to return!"

It was true...

Zhao ZhuYong already knew who the betrayer was.

His half-brother... Lin MinXue!

MinXue had always had his eyes on the Eastern Dragon Seat, and it appeared he was willing to do anything to claim it.

But this was exactly why Zhao ZhuYong wouldn't let them near his family!

He leaned down and kissed his wife's lips softly, making a few of the disciples blush, despite the dire situation. She put an arm around his neck and deepened the kiss, until there was light coughing from the people around..

"Don't go!" She said, breaking the kiss. But he just kissed her forehead.

"There's no other choice." He told her, holding on to her hand for as long as he could.