103. LanFen's Master

.

Meanwhile, back at the top of the Abyss, Shuǐ JunHo, Zhao ZhuYong and Shuǐ ChangSheng, stood facing themselves.

Shuǐ JunHo gave a tiny smile, as a weapon appeared in his hands.

It was a sword disguised as a fan, and it instantly made Zhao ZhuYong's eyebrows to shoot up.

The sword was almost identical to LanFen's own, and it was even the same blacker-than-night shade.

Zhao ZhuYong's eyes narrowed after a while.

But he didn't say anything about it, and instead summoned his own sword, which was similar, but all white. "You sure hid yourself well, all through these years... How were you able to bear with it?"

Shuǐ ChangSheng's fury rolled yf him as he demanded. "Where is my nephew?! The owner of that body you are using! There is no way A-Jun is on your side!"

Shuǐ JunHo merely cocked his head, as if wondering whether to answer.

Deciding that they weren't powerful enough to do anything to him, anyway, he eventually spoke. "The owner of this body indeed puts up quite a fight sometimes, but he is far too young to even realize what is happening to him...

"My former body had become old and worn, so I took the opportunity to posses this fellow, when the level three creature attacked them in the Demon Aisle...

"Back then, I was impressed with how well he managed to hold off the creature until help arrived, so I followed him from then on..."

His irises fixed on Shuǐ ChangSheng. "My first choice of a vessel was the so-called Shuǐ genius, but I and Shuǐ YanXuan were not sure if he was human... You see, I can only possess a human."

"Going by that logic, you're a demon, not a human." Zhao ZhuYong pointed out.

"Can any 'human' be as strong as I am?" Shuǐ Jun Ho asked, by way of response. "Yes, I am far from human, but I can easily possess anyone I want.

"Usually, I only mobilize the 'host' whenever they have gone to sleep, but I became intrigued by the child, Zhao LanFeng, after this host met her, so I came out often to study her...

"You see, I hate all humans, but I hate Zhao LanFeng even more! The one who actually dared to wield my weapon, and even tame it!" He sighed. "Actually, aren't you guilty of the same thing?"

He glared at Zhao ZhuYong. "Daring to touch the weapon I made for my Master?"

Zhao ZhuYong tightened his grip on his sword. "I was told this sword and its other half, were more than thirty thousand years old...

"That sword you are holding, and that aura of yours, which belongs in the Heaven Realm... Who exactly are you?"

But this caused the demon's aura to spread around him in black waves, and made the ends of his lips to curl upwards. The entire affect gave Shuǐ JunHo's usually bright face a dark and evil edge.

"Who gave useless humans like you, the right to ask who I am?"

In the next instant, he had vanished from their sight and appeared behind Shuǐ ChangSheng to attack, but luckily Zhao ZhuYong had appeared and blocked the attack.

Though he successfully blocked it, the force was still strong enough to push both of them quite a distance, as the difference in their levels, was just too much.

Still, Zhao ZhuYong planted his feet, and performed a few hand seals.

A large shield of purple flame appeared before them, blocking the demon's next attack, but again, the force pushed them back a distance.