34. The Spirit Arrow

.

The mist had cleared to reveal Zhou ZhuMin bound up in spirit ropes, and his eyes were enlarged with his surprise...

LanFen moved swiftly in a trail of black aura, and she hit a few of Zhou ZhuMin's acupoints, making him fall limply and pathetically to the floor, which reminded Shuǐ ChénLín of what she had once done to the Shuǐ disciples.

'Qi Stopping Shower.' He even remembered the name of the technique.

"H-how?!" Zhou ZhuMin demanded, and Shuǐ ChénLín had turned to Zhao LanFeng, wondering the same thing.

"Hmph." LanFen's irises shifted to her right, and Elder Xu appeared beside her, then she turned her focus back to Zhou ZhuMin.

"I initially didnt know you were the culprit, but I already suspected that the culprit would try something tricky, especially with all the unnatural mist that led up to your barrier.

"Before I reached the barrier, I had already summoned Old man Xu, instructing him to remain invisible and hide his aura.

"He followed you, while we were fighting the puppet demon and Lesser demons, and has been waiting for my signal to strike."

"Hiding from this idiot was like child's play." Elder Xu spoke in his usual rude way, before disappearing.

One end of Shuǐ ChénLín's lips had lifted ever-so-slightly. 'How can this fellow even dare to call me 'surprise- attack- specialist'? Didn't he rig the game before the players even arrived?'

Zhou ZhuMin's face contorted in fury, having been outsmarted by someone he had looked down on for many years. "You sneaky little piece of tra-!!"

"You sneaky old Coward!" LanFen cut in, and Shuǐ ChénLín was surprised to see so much fury on her face.

His Eyes dropped to Zhao LanFeng's hand, which was behind his back, and noticed that he was fisting and unfisting it.

"Disciple Zhao." Shuǐ ChénLín stepped in, just as Zhao LanFeng's killing intent began to rise.

LanFen froze at Shuǐ ChénLín's quiet interruption, and she forced her rising anger away.

She swivelled, turning her back on Zhou ZhuMin.

"I'll allow the Shuǐ Clan decide your fate." She spoke without turning to face Zhou ZhuMin, as she felt like she might really kill him, if she did.

"You should know that if you try and accuse me of being a demon cultivator, it would only implicate your entire family, especially since I already slung mud on the Zhou family's face. Hmph."

Behind her, Shuǐ ChénLín furrowed his brows, suspecting that his disciple might have killed Zhou ZhuMin, if he wasn't present.

He turned away and raised Zhou ZhuMin to his knees. Then brought out a teleportation talisman, which he attached to Zhou ZhuMin, before activating it.

"This will transport you into one of the Shuǐ prison chambers. Since I've activated the talisman, father will know you're comi-."

"Shuǐ ChénLín!" LanFen suddenly turned back to them.

Shuǐ ChénLín stepped away from Zhou ZhuMin, an instant before an arrow, surrounded by a black aura and dense spirit energy, flew past him and impaled itself in Zhou ZhuMin's heart.

Zhou ZhuMin's life was instantly ended, and Shuǐ ChénLín realized in that split second, that the dense arrow would have likely killed both of them, if Zhao LanFeng hadn't warned him.

Shuǐ ChénLín reached for Zhou ZhuMin, but before he could touch him, the teleportation talisman had taken effect, and he had disappeared.

It had all happened in mere seconds...