Chapter 13: Surprising Encounters

As the (h/c) haired girl was introduced to the purple-haired male before her, she couldn't help but give a cheerful smile. He seemed to influence everyone around him with such energy, but she supposed that was just how an extrovert worked. The male was highly popular to a point where it was envious, his mere presence causing excitement and providing a cause for celebration.

"You hungry, Ishikawa?" an excited girl chuckled, "Want some of (Y/n)'s lunch?"

The male gave a confused expression before turning around. He noticed people eating from the meal in the boxes, but he didn't seem thrilled about the sight before him. Rather, he gave a tense sigh and looked over at the (h/c) haired girl with a look more akin to pity. The male then put on a sympathetic smile and grabbed onto the boxes, placing their lids on and stacking them back on. He was a bit confused on how to tie the silk wrapping around the box, but he nonetheless tried his best even if it looked sloppy and somewhat childish.

"You guys," he scolded half-heartedly, attempting not to be too harsh or serious while drawing out his words, "Stealing lunch from a young lady. Honestly..."

The male gave a sigh and directed an apologetic look to the younger girl before sitting down opposite of her. The bodyguards looked at one another once more before reluctantly letting the incident pass. However, both the younger girl and the male who sat across from her could feel their gazes become more intense. That being said, the male dismissed it, continuing to act amiably to the younger girl.

"I'm really sorry about them. They get carried away sometimes, but I can compensate you for their share."

"No, really, it's fine," the (h/c) haired girl chuckled nervously, twisting a strand of hair around her finger, "It's...It's a little embarrassing, but it helped me make friends with them. I couldn't eat all of it anyway."

The male smiled brightly and clapped his hands together, giving a breath of relief. He then grinned at the others knowingly as they talked excitedly before chuckling to himself and looking back at (Y/n). There was something familiar about the purple-haired male to her. She tilted her head left and right, left and right, trying to piece it together. Perhaps he was someone she knew in her previous life?

No, with the extreme measures she knew Shota to take to cover over her previous memories, she was quite certain he had instructed the bodyguards to shelter her mind. As she looked back at them, the only thing they did was look away as if avoiding her gaze. If it really was someone from her past life, they would have taken her away or contacted the red-haired male. But clearly, they knew the male. Or at least knew of him.

"This may be strange to ask, but do we know each other?"

"Ah! Do I look familiar? I'm flattered. The last time we met was at the charity event you threw. Though...I was chased off pretty quickly."

The younger girl began to scan over her memory. At the event, there were countless individuals whom she had met with. However, it was difficult to memorize as well as match faces and names with each person. Sighing, she attempted to think harder before the male's likeness popped into her mind. If she wasn't mistaken, the male had been speaking a completely different language, hence her trouble in talking to him.

"My little brothers were friends with someone you invited to the event, so they dragged me there. Sorry if we intruded. I was just really excited. It's not every day children of the rich and the poor get treated equally. It's...very admirable."

"I'm glad to hear that!" the (h/c) haired girl blushed, clapping her hands together excitedly, "It was my first time, and I'm not so sure I did as great of a job as I could have. But, if you have friends that were impacted by my efforts, do you think I could have a chance to speak with them?"