Chapter 20: Akiyama

Hotaka was genuinely shocked and somewhat embarrassed by the individual that had decided to drop by the ice skating rink. He gave a nervous chuckle and averted his eyes, preferring to stare down at the cold ice. It was probably due to his uncharacteristic behavior that the (h/c) haired girl's troublesome curiosity was sparked. She didn't even realize she was looking at the emerging male until she saw his glare directed at her.

Tensing her shoulders at the look he gave, she took note of everything she could. His piercing green eyes shook her deeply, especially due to the hate that seemed to fill them. Further still was the short verdant hair he possessed that was far from unkempt. Rather, everything about his appearance seemed well put together and refined as though he had considered it all for weeks in advance. It was simply a suit, but perhaps it was the way it was tailor-made or complimented the look on his face that made it appear more than that. Still, as he walked towards the bruised male, she found shivers traveling up her spine.

"What have you been doing?" the verdant-haired male snapped, articulating every word and infecting it with spite, "I've been trying to contact you for the past hour, and here you are, crashing into walls like a bumbling idiot."

"Aha, yeah, sorry about that, boss," Hotaka responded, speaking awkwardly as though he had never interacted with another living individual, human or otherwise, "I was just a little caught up in what I was doing. I-Is something important going on?"

A sneer was given at the male's response, the domineering male's eyes trailing to the unwelcome female next to one of his bodyguards. He carefully assessed her before something lit up in his mind. It was then that his sneer turned into a grimace, his head tilting to the side and upwards, turning down his nose at her. Obviously, he was aware of who she was and held great animosity for her due to it.

The male then shot his eyes towards the purple-haired male as if demanding an explanation. However, the younger male simply cowered in response to his piercing glares. It was strange seeing the typically cheerful male frown and bite his lip as though he felt some kind of shame. She couldn't have understood why that was, but it made her feel resentment towards the green-haired male regardless. He was quite stuck-up.

"Forget it," the male hissed, narrowing his eyes, "Don't you dare come crawling back to the manor tonight. Honestly...meeting with a Yasojiro of all people."

The younger girl tilted her head, looking from Hotaka to the other male, wondering why he held such hatred in him. Perhaps he had been wronged by or irritated by Shota, but she couldn't have fathomed why he would relay that hate to others. Then again, she had been told by Mrs. Morais that many nobles held unfathomable grudges against one another even for trivial matters.

"It's nice to meet you, too," the (h/c) haired girl pouted, speaking in an aggressive voice with a hint of sarcasm.

"Yes, my absolute pleasure. Shall I bow before your distinguished feet and pledge my undying fidelity towards you, you part of the most esteemed and ancient noble families to ever exist? I am unworthy to even stand in your presence."

The male then rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest, his eyebrow twitching in irritation. He clearly was not in the mood to joke around nor to play such childish games with someone he didn't respect in the slightest. That being said, his words were heavily laced with sarcasm, and in some shape or form, the younger girl respected him, but only slightly. She still felt he was the rudest person she had encountered yet, pushing her tongue out to her cheek to pout.

"This doesn't concern you, so stay out of it. Or can you not understand that the world doesn't revolve around you, Yasojiro?" he huffed, tsking with annoyance before pointing to the purple-haired male, "And you. You can lay in the bed you made."