Chapter 62: Frustration

Ryota had been very grumpy since earlier. He didn't get to go horseback riding with the younger girl and she had developed some kind of sickness, too. Then he had to wake up to the sight of his bodyguard encroaching on her personal space. The two of them acted so close, and it didn't at all make his morning as sweet as he thought it would be. Then there was the fact that the (h/c) haired girl still wouldn't tell him what they were.

So, with a pout, he sat her down on the heated couch and put on a show for them to watch. On multiple occasions did he have to take away a newspaper from her hands. She seemed more interested in the things happening to the shares in noble companies than watching the show with him, her favorite being the economic pages. With a huff, he would snatch away the paper before moving it to the other side of himself where she could not reach it. Then he would grumble to himself and cross his arms across his chest.

"I'm not dying, so just give me the damn paper already," she snapped, punching at him playfully, "I can at least work, can't I? It works out just fine for you, anyway."

"No. If you're not going to watch with me, you can just do nothing."

Sighing, the younger girl realized that he wasn't going to stop pouting any time soon. He probably felt like his feelings were being ignored, and she couldn't blame him for that. She was trying to put it off as long as possible. Unfortunately, he was not a great procrastinator, preferring, instead, to do what he could as soon as he could. That was why he was acting like a child throwing a silent temper tantrum. Leaning against him lazily, she noticed he was slightly appeased, a growing pink on his nose.

"Are you upset, Ri-Ri?" she teased, watching him flinch as she brought up his nickname.

"I don't know how I could possibly - "

"Point taken. But I'm not entirely fond of laying here and doing nothing. I'd rather go outside and suffocate in the snow."

"Well, if you did that, at the very least your excuses about our relationship would hold water."

"You're such a child."

Swinging her arms around the male's shoulders, (Y/n) gave a soft smile, pressing against him for a kiss. He gave a small grunt of surprise but soon found himself directing one of her hands under his eyes. Taking the hint, she caressed that spot gently, watching as he narrowed his eyes in comfort. It was almost seductive the way that he refused to break eye contact with her. She was the first one to look away, met with another slightly aggressive kiss, his arms tugging on her waist to keep her to himself.

"Look at me," he demanded, "I don't like it when you look away. I already said I would take responsibility, so I should be your one and only. You're not physically incapable of saying that, so why - "

"Just give me a bit. I'm trying to figure everything out."

Unsatisfied with the answer, the male pouted once again, taking his eyes off her. Though to counter his sullen attitude, he still clung to her with a hug, as if he was scared she would go and run off yet again. Chances were he wouldn't be getting an answer any time soon, and, clearly, that was an issue for him. He wanted to tie himself to her as soon as he could, but she was confused and scared about the commitment, fearful that she would once again be confined. Though, to tell the truth, his tight hug was nice.

"You won't tell me you love me. You won't take me as your lover. You won't even watch a show with me."

"...Why don't we go outside?"

"You couldn't even stand on your own an hour ago, and now you want to go out into the freezing snow? I told you, if you don't want to - "

"I'd like to go riding," the girl hummed, rapidly saying her next statement, "And I know you're going to refuse, but I can just sit there, can't I? While you steer?"