Chapter 30: Chaos? Yes, Chaos!

Just as the Akiyama male had said, a limousine had rolled up to the manor at precisely 3pm. The (h/c) haired girl gave it a strange look as she brushed out her hair, wondering what it was exactly that they would be doing during their "date". Though it had been on her mind for the entire week, it was still disconcerting to her. The male did not appear happy to have won her time. Well, then again, she hadn't ever recalled seeing him smile. It was quite the opposite, in fact. He seemed perpetually distaken with everything around him.

Chuckling to herself, the girl made her way swiftly through the corridors of the estate. It was strangely quiet that day, passing servants focused on their duties. Typically, she would have heard a word or two of encouragement, but they were silent, only giving brief glances to her. There were some that looked frightened or irritated, leading the girl to raise her eyebrows in curiosity. Her mind spiralled into the possibilities of this not so random change in the workers' personalities. However, the only thing that came into her mind was the thought of the red-haired male's birthday approaching swiftly.

Giving a small gasp, she knocked the side of her head, having completely forgotten how soon it was to be. In fact, it was just a handful of days when the event would occur. A fuzzy feeling boiled up in her chest, giving her what she could only describe as butterflies. She would need to get him a gift, and soon. Sighing, she tilted her head, arriving in the main lobby. Shota was waiting there, biting down on his thumb nervously.

As he noticed her, he stood up quickly from his seat and made eye contact with her for a brief second. He then looked at the ground in shame, holding on tightly to his arm. She gave a shy smile before placing her hand on his shoulder. It wasn't as though she was completely oblivious to the reason he appeared so timid. She was supposed to be his fiancee, after all, and going out on "dates" with other men was typically frowned upon.

"There's no reason to be jealous. Besides, I'll be back before you know it."

The male averted his eyes, looking as far away from her form as he could get. It was almost laughable to see the male in such a pouty state, if not for her concern for him. Like a puppy that wanted only attention, he was unable to control his expression when she placed a kiss on his cheek. A moment of brief joy appeared on his features, but he then returned to discontent, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"The car's already here," she hummed, slowly backing away with a playful look on her face, "So I guess I'll see you later. Bye, 'darling'."

The male's face flared red at the pet name she sent back to him. His eyebrows then turned up in guilt, and, just as she had predicted, he followed along after her in an almost shy manner. He held his hands behind his back as he watched someone open the door for her, the man dressed respectfully. And whether for better or worse, there was no sight of the green-haired male Shota distressed about.

"Do you have your phone?" he asked, giving a nasty glare to the Akiyama's driver, "Should you need something, don't hesitate to call me. And if you want to leave early, I'll pick you up myself. It doesn't matter the consequences. If Akiyama throws a fit, I'll reimburse him. There's no need to give him...special treatment or anything of the like, alright?"

The red-haired male opened his mouth to continue with his ramble, but upon seeing the look on the girl's face, he quietly resigned. She appeared none too thrilled with his idea of protecting him, and he knew that perfectly well. It wasn't that she was delicate. Rather, she had been trained since she was very young in the age of martial arts, specifically judo. Still, it felt wrong to send her into a man's abode without protection. However, according to Kenko, bodyguards were...stifling.

He fiddled with the dagger behind his back, debating between revealing it to her. Having already brought up the use of items such as a blade, he was aware she would dislike it even less than bodyguards. Gritting his teeth, he narrowed his eyes at the driver, wondering what kind of stunts the green-haired male would pull. Still, as the younger girl locked him in a hug, he changed his focus to her, holding her tightly.