TPS: Chapter 37

Kaenu's POV

Nandito ako ngayon sa labas ng restaurant, lugar kung saan kami magkikita ng Ina ni Axel. I've been standing here for a couple of minutes thinking kung tama ba itong gagawin ko.

I'm afraid of Axel's mom. Natatakot ako sa maari niyang sabihin sa akin. I know what she's up to. I know that she wants me to leave Axel.

I took a deep breath before I stepped out of my car. I pushed the door and walked inside the restaurant. Sinalubong naman ako ng isang empleyado asking if I have any reservation.

"Yes, Mrs. de Ayala." Sagot ko.

"This way, sir."

Sumunod naman ako sa empleyado at pumasok sa isang room kung saan naghihintay ang Ina ni Axel.

Victorina stood up when she saw me and smiled. I smiled at her too, trying my best not to be so awkward. Umupo ako sa bakanteng upuan na kaharap niya.

"I thought you're not coming. You're not even replying to my messages." She started.

"I'm sorry." I replied.

Victorina called the waiter and ordered us food. Tahimik lang ako sa harapan niya at nagmamasid. She's indeed Axel's mom. Her beauty stood up despite her age, she's not that old but she still looks young para sa edad niya. Her face is round and her aura is very intimidating, just like Axel's when he's serious.

"So, you're the new appointed mayor's son?" She asked me. Hindi ko alam kung paano niya nalaman. But I'm sure she already did a background check on me and I bet she already knows my condition.

I gulped and nodded at her. "Y-yes."

"Does he know about your relationship with Axel?"

"Yes.. I--"

"I see. That's why he won."

Napayuko ako sa hiya. Yes, Axel's is one of the reasons why my dad won the election and got the title. Axel's influence is something else and I don't know how they do it. Ayoko ng alamin pa.

Victorina sighed. "Know what? I don't like you for my son. Axel is a businessman he has a reputation and an image to protect, just like your father. Kapag lumabas sa publiko ang tungkol sa inyong dalawa, your father will be criticized and my son too. You're gonna ruin them." Walang paligoy-ligoy niyang ani. "What do you think is the reason why Axel is hiding your relationship to the public? That is to protect his reputation and image." She added.

I clenched my fist trying to hold back my tears. What she said was true. Victorina reached my hand. "I'm begging you, please break up with my son habang maaga pa." Pakiusap niya sa akin.

Naluluha akong umiling. "I c-cant. I love Axel."

She scoffed at marahas na binawi ang kamay niya mula sa paghawak ng kamay ko. I can see in her eyes that she's mad. Pinahid niya ang kayang namumuong luha sa kanyang mga mata.

I forgot that she's an actress.

"I knew it. I don't wanna be rude to you." She said at sinimulan niya ng kainin ang pagkain na inorder niya. I was just staring at her, almost trembling. Now, I regret coming here.

"I want Axel to have a normal life, normal relationship." She said and wiped her mouth. She looked up at me like she's going to devour any minute. "I don't think your relationship with Axel is normal. I'm not homophobic, it just that Axel is in a different case."