Chapter Twenty-Nine

~

NORMANI

Normani and Dinah had returned back to the house a while ago. It was still a little too early for dinner, so the two decided to put the food they ordered in the refrigerator after sorting it. While Dinah went to the patio to join the others, Normani went upstairs to check on Kehlani and Victoria. She knocked on the door, and Kehlani answered with nothing on but an oversized t-shirt. Normani smirked before seeing Victoria's sleeping body in the bed by the window.

"Well I know what ya'll been doin' this whole time," the ebony quietly teased.

Kehlani chuckled as she let her friend through the door.

"I still can't believe she's been under my nose this whole time," the tatted woman said. "I always knew she was still alive...but I was really convinced she was nowhere near me. Being tied to Daemon for so long prevented me from feeling her like I should."

"I'm just glad you guys are together again," Normani said. "And to think...I was thinking about fooling around with her."

Kehlani chuckled as she wiped a stray hair from Victoria's face.

"Can't be mad at you for that. It's just crazy how she was Dinah's roommate. If I wasn't so busy with this place, we would've been reunited sooner."

"I can only imagine how much you guys have to catch up on. Has she changed at all since that day?"

"Not at all...well, except for her style...but she's still the same Vic. But there's one thing I don't understand."

"What's that?"

"...I asked a friend of mine to look after her until I found her again. He's not here...nowhere near here. And he hasn't been for a long time."

"How do you know?"

"Because I would've sensed him, even if he was further north. He's gone. He left her by herself...unprotected..."

"Lani, slow down. We don't know the full story. You and Vic just got back together, so I assume there's only been but so much time for you two to really talk."

"She's right," Victoria's voice sounded from behind them.

Kehlani looked back and smiled before kissing her.

"We didn't mean to wake you," the tatted woman said.

"You didn't," Victoria smiled, sitting up and against the headboard. "But Mani's right. There's more to it than me being left. I'd feel more comfortable talking about it if we were all in the room, though."

Normani nodded before her eyes began to glow bright.

"Can you come up to Lani's room?" she asked Dinah, their connection open.

"I'm already down the hall," Dinah replied.

The brunette entered the room soon after, taking a seat on the bed right next to Normani. Victoria beckoned for Kehlani to sit next to her just as all four women got settled on the bed.

"Is everything okay?" Dinah asked.

"It is," Kehlani smiled. "More than okay, now that I got my baby."

The room felt a little brighter when those words were spoken. Normani and Dinah sat across from the couple and gave them all their attention.

"We just think that before we really go ahead with our plan," Victoria said, "we need to fill you guys in on a few things."