Chapter Forty-Three

~

HALLE

The young Circe fiddled with her fingers as she was driven further into the city. She kept asking herself why she, of all people, agreed to be the one to have to catch Daemon's attention. She never had to pretend to be something she wasn't. And to top it off, she didn't know how long she would have to keep up the façade.

"Hey," Normani said, bringing Halle out of her thoughts by touching her hand. "You're gonna do great."

Halle smiled before turning her body towards the ebony.

"Can I get the rundown again?" she asked. "Just so I know I'm ready."

"Of course," Normani said. "So, once we get to the venue, Lani and I will drop you off a little ways down the block. You'll have a VIP pass, so once you show it to the bouncer, you should be able to come right in. Daemon is usually in his private box on the upper level, which oversees the entire main floor. Be sure to walk to a spot that's directly in his line of sight, but that still won't draw too much attention to you. Once he sees you, he'll either have you escorted up to his box, or he'll come down to you. From there, you charm him into getting close to you and eventually bringing you back to his estate."

Halle nodded. After taking a deep breath, she looked out the window and saw a crowd of people surrounding the entrance to a tall building. She figured this was the club that was rented out for the party. As expected, Kehlani pulled over about a block away from the club. After putting the car in park, she looked back to Halle with a reassuring smile before handing her the VIP pass.

"If it makes you feel any better," she said, "there's no way he won't be able to notice you."

Halle smiled beside herself before getting out of the car. She watched the shiny Camaro drive away before slowly making her way to the crowd of people. She squared her shoulders and looked straight ahead as she strutted her way to the bouncer. She showed the man her VIP pass and smiled when she was immediately let in. She looked around as she strolled further inside the loud atmosphere.

"A private box on the upper level..." she thought to herself.

Her senses caused her to look up, and sure enough, the man of the hour was seen looking over the dancing bodies. His eyes were a lot like Chloe's, but Halle could tell that they held such hatred and disdain for something. His jawline was chiseled and peppered with a slight five o'clock shadow. His hair was dark, which only added to the intensity of his porcelain skin.

 His hair was dark, which only added to the intensity of his porcelain skin

"I see him," she said to Normani, their connection now open.

"Good," Normani said. "Lani and I are already up there. You know what to do."

Halle weaved her way through the crowd, some people engaging her on the dance floor as she passed them. She sent a smile before looking back to the upper level. She managed to catch eyes with Daemon. She smirked when she sensed his body freeze at the sight of her. Her smirk grew as his eyes began to glow before she looked away from him and continued walking.