TWENTY TWO

"Somebody help" Mihee cries in despair "Daddy where are you? Please save me"

Jeongguk snaps his eyes open, body soaked in sweat because of the disturbing dream.

He sits upright and chugs in a glass of water, trying to steady his uneven breathing.

It felt like the energy surrounding him was filled with bad vibrations but he couldn't point out why he was feeling this way.

After the little talk with Taehyung, Jeongguk was sick worried for Mihee.

Who'd lock their own child in a bathroom?

When the head alpha who knew Mihee just for 10 days learned about the bullying, how does his other father living with her for so long not know?

If he really worked till 9pm as he said, what must his child be doing all alone by herself until Taehyung got back home?

How come a parent not know where his kid goes and what she does?

The amount of sheer negligence, his parenting was making Jeongguk bother to no extent.

He also wondered if the omega was seeing someone at the moment. If yes, is he even spending enough time with Mihee or is he busy hanging out with his alpha/beta boyfriend.

If he did love Seojoon in the past, where is the alpha now?

Did he end up things with him too?

If Taehyung so shamelessly could sneak in his ex-boyfriend into the mansion in Jeongguk's absence, who knows what else he could be doing.

Jeongguk gives a damn as to who Taehyung was fucking as long as Mihee is distanced from those alphas or betas.

He needed to keep his child away from the dirt Taehyung was involved in, he felt like his child was suffering and calling for his help.

It was one of those days for Jeongguk where he could think of nothing positive even when he tried, a series of negative thoughts were flooding his mind because of his paranoia.

He's come to a conclusion that Taehyung was irresponsible, a bad father, a bad influence on his kid.

He can't let Mihee stay with the omega anymore, he needs to get her back to the Mansion, if that meant he has to make a compromise, he's up for it.

———————————————

Mihee texts Jeongguk in the morning wishing him a good day and asking when he was going to visit her.

Jeongguk responds quickly informing her that he was actually on the way to Daegu.

The girl tells him they weren't home and asks him to come directly to Seomum market, where Taehyung works.

After sometime she lies to Taehyung that she had to use the toilet and excuses herself.

She goes to the parking area and waits for her dad.

As Jeongguk's car comes into view she runs towards it, knocking the passenger glass window and waving at him.

The alpha opens the door for her to get in.

"What got you sweating princess? How long have you been waiting for me under the sun?" He asks frowning and taking a napkin to wipe her face.

"20mins, but that's okay. I'm happy you came back" she grins widely.

Jeongguk sighs shaking his head. "Don't do that next time. Anyway there wouldn't be a next time actually. Ask me why?"

"Why?"