THIRTY ONE

When Jeongguk returns triumphant, well, he certainly did not expect his absence would lead to the ongoing chaos in the pack.

Apparently, Hoseok traced that Haru was hiding in Ilsan and had arranged a small team to get her back.

Haru after knowing about her father's death was shaken and scared to the core.

She had to get out of borders of the country to protect her life.

As long as she is in South Korea, she knew she isn't safe because of the influence and power Jeongguk held here.

The beta lady ordered all her loyalists to take the omegas and pups in the Moon pack into hostage before Jeongguk's arrival.

Namjoon and Hoseok had no idea there were so many men working for the Gwangju pack until that moment.

With Jeongguk gone, they informed Junghyun about the issue as they believed only he could handle this.

Jeongguk's dad Jeon Junghyun was back in Moon pack, the betrayal of his friend and his daughter who he considered dear to him had him appalled.

He wished he could kill Soohyun with his own bare hands but since the job is already done he focused on the more important matters now.

He knew his son would go for more violence if he learns about the situation, but in cases where innocent lives are involved, negotiation with the other party should be prioritized.

And exactly when Junghyun was done talking with one of Haru's loyalists, Jeongguk and Yoongi arrived.

Namjoon quickly explained the situation to them "Haru is in Ilsan and when we were about to get her back, she made her men take hostage of our omegas and pups"

Jeongguk and Yoongi were shocked to hear the news.

"Accepting her demands is the only way out" Junghyun spoke from the corner.

"Dad?!" Jeongguk only then noticed his dad was here, an unknown pleasantness and relief washed over him.

"How are you son" He asked, tone emotional.

"Not so well" The younger shook his head, eyes glazed.

"It's gonna be fine, son, I promise to fix everything"

Jeongguk nodded, he trusted his dad.

How he wished he listened to him back then. Had he given Taehyung a benefit of doubt without the betrayal clouding his rationality, nothing of this would be happening.

"What are her demands?" He then asked, jaw set straight and hand fisted.

"Freedom!" Junghyun answered "she planned on leaving the country forever, nobody of us know where to. All she's asking for us to not go after her till she gets to somewhere safe."

"Don't tell me you accepted her offer" Jeongguk's voice was silent, dangerously low.

"Well, I did" Junghyun said guiltily. "We don't have any option left son" he shook his head defeated.

"What if she comes back with another sickening plan to harm Tae or Mihee" Yoongi queried. He did not like the idea of setting Haru free.

"She is aware of what happened to her father, she is powerless now, she wouldn't put her life into danger anymore" Hoseok opined.

Junghyun nods in confirmation "Once she is gone, we wouldn't hear from her ever again. She won't dare come back into our lives. As much as I hate leaving a criminal unpunished, we need to consider our pack members life"