TWENTY FOUR

⚠️ The 'Heavy angst' I mentioned in the Warnings page is finally here. Please skip the chapter and read the summary at the end if uncomfortable.

————————————————

Mihee was dolled up in a pretty white gown with a silver embroidery that Jeonnguk gave her especially for the occasion, while Taehyung wore a long sleeve ivory shirt blouse and black trousers.

He was putting on light make up and fixing his hair as Mihee started stomping her feet.

"Appa you're taking too long, we're getting late"

"2mins sweetheart I'm almost done"

Once he finishes decking up, Taehyung locks the house, placing the key beneath the doormat like he always does.

They hold hand in hand and walk to the nearest bus station.

Despite Jeongguk insisting a hundred times that he'd send a car to pick them up, Taehyung denied the offer as he doesn't trust any driver coming from the moon pack.

They wait for 15mins but the bus to Busan which usually arrives at the station at 5:50pm, never came.

"Looks like we missed the bus Mihee" Taehyung says biting on his lip guiltily.

"What?! It's all your fault appa" Mihee whines frustratedly.

"Don't blame me" Taehyung lips curl downwards "the next bus is at 7:00, let's wait for it yeah?"

"Fine"

The girl dials Jeongguk to inform him about it "Hello"

"Princess" Jeongguk beams as he hears her voice.

"Daddy we'll get a little late"

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah don't worry, we just missed the bus and are taking the next one. Please don't cut the cake till I come." She giggles.

"I wouldn't dare to sweetie. We'll wait for you"

"See you"

"See you little one"

They sit on the bench at the station for another hour. The clock hits 7:15 but no buses come.

Taehyung anxiously calls the bus services helpline only to be informed that all buses to Busan were cancelled for the day, reason being unknown.

Taehyung runs a hand through his hair, thinking about the next possible options.

He then contacts the cab services and weirdly the only two companies that provided taxi services intra-city were closed for the day too.

When he tells this to Mihee, she breaks into tears immediately. "What do you mean there are no buses and cabs?"

"I really don't know why they're closed. We can't go now Mihee"

"If you hadn't rejected dad's car offer we wouldn't be going through all this" The girl yells at him. "It's his birthday and I promised him I'll be there" She says, wiping away the angry tears.

"I'm really sorry Mihee, let's go back home"

"It's daddy's birthday today, the only gift he asked me was my presence." she cried.

"You need to understand Mihee, we don't have a commute"

"I don't mind running appa, we're not humans to always depend on transport. Let's take the forest route, the woods are not as unsafe as you think they're. Dad took me there once and no body attacked us"