FORTY ONE

Taehyung fulfills his promise by going on a date with Jeongguk. They drive to the nearest movies the next evening.

"You look tired" the omega's brows twitch when he takes in the appearance of the older.

"Work was hell"

"We could've come some other day then, you need rest" Taehyung says, a hint of concern in his voice.

"You seem to worry a lot for me" Jeongguk smiles, teasing the omega.

"I don't care" Tae hisses back.

"Sure, you don't care" the alpha mimics, grinning to himself as they show the movie tickets to the security.

Taehyung rolls his eyes and walks away to his assigned seat as soon as they get inside the theatre.

Jeongguk takes the seat next to him.

"Just so you know, I'm fine and all pumped up. No tiredness can get in our way to have the best evening ever" he reassures.

"Whatever"

Jeongguk narrows his eyes. "Rude" he says, pouting. "I'm watching a disney movie for you, the least you could do is be sweet to me"

"Nobody forced you"

"Why must you be hostile again" Jeongguk shoots back and Taehyung pauses, reflecting on the words.

Was he being hostile?

Honestly, no.

He was just being a little cautious, avoiding getting too attached in such short span.

Also the giddiness he's been feeling in the stomach due to the close proximity of the alpha was making him behave rigid unknowingly.

"I'm not" he mumbles to himself, lost in thoughts.

"Anyway" Jeongguk drops the topic. "Would you like some popcorn?"

"Okay" Taehyung nods, wanting to have some lone time to compose himself.

As Jeongguk leaves, the omega breathes out shakily and collects his scattered thoughts.

He truly didn't want to mess up their first date after the reunion by acting tough and rude.

The ads were playing on the screen and Taehyung leans back into the seat, seemingly relaxed now.

Jeongguk comes back with a bucket of warm popcorn and coke.

"Thanks" Taehyung takes them from his hand, passing a small smile his way.

The alpha gets back to his seat and the movie begins.

Taehyung frowns when he feels a hand placed next to his on the shared armrest.

Jeongguk slowly intertwines his fingers with the omega's.

Taehyung gulps, chest hammering, the initial nerves coming back.

When he turns to look at Jeongguk, the alpha was staring back smiling softly. "Is this okay?" He asks and Tae doesn't have a heart to say no so he nods weakly.

Taehyung could hardly concentrate for the first ten minutes of the movie but gradually as he focused, things started making sense.

He continued watching, finding the story indulging.

Another 30 minutes into the movie, he flinched suddenly when a heavy head landed on his shoulder.

"Jeongguk" Tae grits out, looking at him warningly but shuts up as he realizes the alpha was asleep.