FORTY TWO

The chapter was supposed to be divided into two updates but im just posting everything at once.

—————————————

Namjoon and Hobi were literally working their asses off to find whereabouts of Haru, finding it astounding to not have found a single trace about her yet.

Hoseok was clueless as to who was creating obstacles their way.

It's as clear as day that somebody at each and every step was misguiding them.

They've been running in circles with no end and the security officer was determined to put an end to this.

He began working with other professionals to sort out the mess they were in.

While the two alphas were locked up in the room, now the investigation was not just limited to finding about Haru but also the person helping her.

—————————————

Rest of the adults gathered in the living room that morning. It was a few days after the New years night.

Jeongguk rested his head in one palm, pinching the bridge of the nose with the fingers of the other.

Yoongi, the only one who observed his behavior voices out his query, bringing everyone's focus to the youngest alpha.

"All good, gukkie? You don't seem to be"

Jeongguk sighs and looks up, meeting Yoongi's eyes.

"I feel tired. I think my rut is coming"

"Already? Isn't it early this time" Jin enquires.

Jeongguk nods. "Just like Taehyung's heat, I'm guessing mine's kicked-in sooner too because of his presence around" his gaze travels to the said omega.

Taehyung already had his entire attention on Jeongguk, worry painted on his soft features.

"When are you leaving then?" Jin continues to speak.

"Today itself"

"Where's he going?" Taehyung asks, his chocolate eyes curious.

Jimin giggles at that.

"Shut up, Jimin" Jin scolds before answering Taehyung. "To his rut cabin, w-which...is y-your house"

"WHAT?!" Taehyung practically shrieks, making sure what he just heard is right and Jimin was fully cackling by now.

"You mean all these months I've been staying in is his rut cabin?" The youngest omega asks Jin in disbelief.

"Yeah, there weren't any options left, so—-"

"C'mon, Jin hyung" Jimin interjects. "We did have options. Just admit our head-alpha is a possessive piece of shit, who wanted to keep his omega in his very own territory"

"One more word and i'll throw you out of the house" Jeongguk warns Jimin, eyes set in a death glare.

Taehyung feels like a fool in that moment.

The hardwood construction secured with metal everywhere, Jin hesitating to enter the cabin the first time he visited and Jimin never bringing the kids there, everything made sense. He should've guessed it earlier.

He wonders why he couldn't smell any rut pheromones in the place though.

"He cleaned the room and put you in there where nobody from the pack or family are allowed" Jimin answers, as if he just read Taehyung's mind.