TWENTY THREE

The school's staff whispered amongst themselves, coming up with possible reasons as to why the leader of the Moon pack visited their school this morning.

They bowed, making a way for him as he walked towards the Headmistress's office.

Jeongguk was here to address the mistreatment Mihee was going through in the school but when he learned about her expulsion, the alpha exploded at the Headmistress, who cowered in his presence.

"The kids bully her, call her names but you never took action against it and now you tell me she's expelled from the school?" Jeongguk gritted out in disbelief. "Put your chairman on the phone"

"Please no Alpha" The woman mumbled nervously "we're extremely sorry for everything that happened, we didn't know she's your daughter"

"Do you recognize how dumb you sound? So you treat kids on basis of who their parents are? Pathetic" Jeongguk shakes his head in disapproval.

"It's not like that sir" The Headmistress quickly replies "please give us a chance to fix the situation"

"You better do"

Jeongguk has the power to replace the entire staff but he doesn't as he wanted Mihee to get respect from the same people who once were unfair to her.

The moment he was out of the office, Taehyung receives a call asking him to send Mihee back to the school.

The omega father wasn't really happy about this, though he was grateful to Jeongguk for attempting to save Mihee's academic year, Taehyung had different plans.

He decided to leave Daegu as well within a couple of weeks and move to a new place, mostly to an island like Hongdo or jeju where no one could find them.

Call him coward all you want but after receiving the mail he realizes it's better to be safe than sorry.

He was being extremely cautious, he couldn't afford to do something brave and regret it later, hence the omega settles for the safest option.

But to avoid any suspicion from Jeongguk's side, he sent Mihee to school for that one week.

———

Taehyung stopped going to work, he has notified the house owner that he'll be vacating soon and let his acquaintances know he won't be continuing his job in the market.

The rest of the week Jeongguk met Mihee at her school in the afternoons but whenever it was time for his departure, the girl simply wouldn't let him go.

She convinced and brought him home everyday, making things awkward for both Jeongguk and Taehyung.

The omega didn't restrict the alpha any longer though, he let Mihee make memories while they were still here.

"Elephants are grey pup, you're crayon is blue." Jeongguk guides Mihee as she was filling in colors in her sketchbook.

It's 8 in the night already, Taehyung asks him if he was joining them for the dinner.

"I think I'll go" Jeongguk presses his lips into a thin line.

"What?.... daddy....please don't" Mihee starts whining and protesting.

Though Jeongguk reassures her that he'll come back tomorrow again, the girl behaved cranky and bratty, holding him tightly and not letting him go.

Taehyung couldn't help but giggle fondly at their interaction and arranges dinner for everybody.

It was a coincidence that he prepared Jeongguk's favorite dish kimchi mandu that evening along with some tofu skewers on the side.

The couple halt while eating reminiscing the day when Jeongguk and Taehyung made mandu together for the first time, stealing kisses in between their cooking session.