FORTY

Jeongguk was so not ready for this.

He was seated in his office, partially dozing off as Hoseok and Namjoon were giving him an earful for his inappropriate behavior.

Apparently some of the pack members found him and Taehyung lying in the dusty street and called Namjoon to inform about it.

"Whatever the mess, deal within four walls, Gguk. You're the head-alpha, what impression would it have given the residents seeing you sprawled across the pavement?" Hoseok says sternly making the youngest snort.

This is one of the reasons Jeongguk prefers working with Yoongi more than the other two uptight, rule abiding deputies.

Hoseok can be funny, very friendly but when it comes to his duties, he's super strict and gets on Jeongguk's nerves sometimes. So is Namjoon, calculative and practical, seldom annoying.

"How's tae?" He ignores their rant as usual and asks.

"With Jimin, still sleeping"

Jeongguk nods, his lips quirk up pleasantly thinking of the omega. His inner wolf is finally at peace after the confrontation.

"I need to sleep too then" he singsongs and gets up to leave, ignoring the curious gaze of his hyungs.

If Jeongguk is right they are curious to know the details but refrain from asking not wanting to come off nosey.

"Fine" Namjoon hums. "Get some rest, we have a long day ahead. Work is piling up"

"Yes boss"

——————————

Early in the noon, Tae's eyes flicker open.

It takes a minute to adjust himself to the light coming from the window and when he looks around, he recognizes it's Jimin's room.

And soon the events from the night flash in his head.

A bunch of varied emotions surface, but one thing he is sure of was that a lot of his inner turmoil dissipated.

His wolf was happy knowing his mate loved and continues to love only him.

Human tae was content too, but again he needed some more time, there is still so much to work on.

Jimin appeared at the door grinning with a plate filled with his favorite foods.

"Good morning... I mean afternoon. Slept well?"

Taehyung hums, stretching his arms with a lazy smile.

"So ...are you gonna tell me what's going on? Heard you were found on the sidewalk" His eyebrow was raised, too many questions written over his face.

Taehyung signs, there's a lot of explaining to do.

"Let me wash up first please"

"No, give me the deets and only then u can leave the bed"

The younger omega huffs and narrates him everything, cries in the process and for the very first time after years he realizes they were happy tears.

Jimin had to ask Taehyung to repeat some part of the narration cos he was left dumbfounded, couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You freaking thought Jeongguk was mated to Haru?"

"Don't blame me, I believed what I saw, like the rest of the world"

"Makes sense" Jimin hums, his brows etched into a deep frown. "Was it the sole reason for your coldness towards him?"

"Maybe or maybe not." Taehyung shrugs. "I just feel I could've returned earlier if he wasn't involved with her."