THIRTY TWO

Food, clothing, shelter....

Taehyung was being provided with every comfort, he was treated respectfully, members of the house were being nothing but sweet to him.

However there was something lacking in his life.

The sense of belongingness.

The same people he used to once consider his family now felt like strangers to him.

Though nothing changed between his and Jimin's bond, the latter had a mate and a child to take care of.

Everytime Taehyung spent longer together, he couldn't help but feel he was a bother to Yoongi and Yerin.

At times when in the hallway, or at dining place when gathered for breakfast or lunch, the closeness of the members made him awkward.

He had to control his tears to not surface, looking at their bond and the smiles they exchanged.

He questioned himself again and again.

What was he to them?

Why was he even here?

His recovery showed significant progress, he was physically fit.

He had no other excuses to stay in the mansion now.

Jeongguk is not his, this is not his family.

Except for Jimin and Mihee, he was literally a nobody to the rest.

The feeling suffocated him often. He became overly conscious of what to talk, how to behave, who to interact with.

Most of the time Taehyung was found not joining them in the common areas or escaping eye contact when he had to mandatorily be with them.

After giving a proper thought, he put forward his proposition of moving out to Jimin, who dramatically screamed "No"

"I just got you back Tae, I can't lose you again" Jimin whined.

And the youngest thought it was of no use to try convince his best friend.

He needed somebody else who could understand him and agree to his wish.

But the behavior of others made him lose all hopes.

Taehyung might be naive but isn't ignorant. He knew what the members intentions were.

The way they leave the chair empty next to Jeongguk
at the dining table; Jin subtly asking him of his future plans; Junghyun insisting Jeongguk to be with Taehyung all the time, quoting that the omega may need health assistance; the pack residents discussing about him being their luna, looking at him expectantly whenever he went outside.

Every damn resident of the pack wants to see the Head alpha and Taehyung together.

Even Jeongguk himself was making constant efforts to please him.

Taehyung desperately wanted to yell at everyone to stop!

To stop expecting him to get back with Jeongguk.

To stop thinking he'd become their luna.

To stop imposing their wishes onto him.

Taehyung has long ago come to terms with the feelings he still holds for Jeongguk, the day he thought he'd die made him understand what his heart wants, who it loves.

He is also aware that none of anything that happened was Jeongguk's fault.

However it isn't so simple. He can't do this.