SEVEN

Appa"

"Appaaaaaa!"

"We only have 4mins left, make it quick"

"Almost done darling, coming!!!" Taehyung responds from the kitchen.

It's 11:56pm, Mihee's gonna turn six once the clock ticks 12.

She was arranging candles and a plastic knife on the bed while her appa was struggling with frosting the cake.

Taehyung sprints to the bedroom with the cake in his hand. "Done" he says placing the cake on the bed between him and Mihee.

Mihee was quick to shove in the 6 candles into the cake while Taehyung lits them up with a matchstick.

12:00am

As Mihee was about to blow the candles, Taehyung stops her "Make a wish first"

Mihee nods and closes her eyes, her little hands clasped together as she makes a sincere wish.

Taehyung frowns looking at how serious Mihee's face was. Now he was eager to know what the wish was so he could make it come true for her.

"What is it?" Taehyung asks wiggling his eyebrows as soon as Mihee opened her eyes.

"Wishes are no meant to be shared appa" she dismisses his question, blowing the candles.

"From when have you started keeping secrets from me?" He asks, pouting his lips.

Mihee doesn't answer though; she knows it'd make Taehyung upset.

Her wish was to meet her dad this year.

Taehyung rolls his eyes when there was no reply from Mihee. He let go of the matter and starts singing 'Happy birthday' as she cuts the cake.

Taehyung takes a piece and feeds her, kissing her cheek.

"Happy Birthday, my sweetheart" he squeezes her into a tight hug.

"Love you appa" she beams, hugging him back.

She takes a piece as well and brings it to his mouth but instead of feeding him, she smears it all over his face, giggling loudly.

"You little devil" he shrieks, but immediately bursts into laughter.

He cleans his face and takes out a box from the cupboard, giving it to her.

"Appa, you didn't have to" she sighs, holding the gift.

Mihee doesn't like how Taehyung spent all his money on her and never bought anything for himself.

"This is the least I could do for you sweetheart"

Mihee gives him a small genuine smile, overwhelmed by her appa's love towards her.

She opens the box only to find a heart shaped gold pendant.

"It's so beautiful" she acknowledges "but you know what's more beautiful than this?"

When Taehyung shakes his head confused.

"You" she squeals, throwing herself onto him. "I don't need no gift appa because you are my biggest gift ever"

"So are you to me" Taehyung grins, teary eyed.

They later clean up the bed and lay next to each other, cuddled up.

"Last year has been the best" Mihee says.

Here she goes again. Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle softly.

On every birthday Mihee repeats the same line and tells him all the good things that happened to her in the past year.