TEN

If Jeongguk had to ever describe his life in one word, he'd settle with..

Void

Jeongguk was left with nothing but emptiness.

His heart twisted uncomfortably everytime he reminded himself of his younger days.

18 year old Jeongguk was immensely excited to meet his mate, the one moon goddess chose for him.

The alpha pledged to himself to love and take care of his mate for the rest of his life.

He was a strong believer of mate-bonds. It is said that mates feel an undeniable attraction and love towards each other.

If that was the case why wasn't Taehyung happy with him?

What mistake has he ever done for his omega to go against their mate bond and choose a random alpha over him.

The thought haunted Jeongguk for years before he finally let it go.

Whatever the reason was, Jeongguk despises Taehyung.

All he ever gave Taehyung was love, respect and utmost loyalty.

Even before Taehyung came into his life, Jeongguk had spent his ruts alone, rejecting every omega and beta who offered themselves to him.

Jeongguk wanted to share his every special moment, all his firsts with his beloved mate.

And it broke Jeongguk to have completely betrayed by the said mate.

Most of Jeongguk's time was consumed discharging pack's responsibilities, he designed his schedule that way to keep himself occupied from morning to late evenings as he had no mate or pups of his own to come back to.

However, Jihun, Namjoon's and Jin's son; and Yerin, Yoongi's and Jimin's daughter were a little ray of sunshine in his hollow world.

He loved spending his time with the pups but at the end of the day they left him, longing for their parents' comforting scents to lull them to sleep.

Pups slept well, free from every distress, when engulfed in their mom's and dad's delightful scents.

Though Jeongguk never want them to leave, he knows he can't make them stay for sleepovers.

His bed felt cold at nights, had been that way for years now.

He was happy as long as he got to spend time with them during the evenings.

But to his utter dismay, Jihun started avoiding Jeongguk lately and the alpha had no clue why.

Whenever the head alpha approached the boy he would hide behind Jin's legs or run into his room.

To top it off, Yerin was growing distant as well.

Initially Jimin never had an issue with Yerin spending time with Jeongguk but he started restricting her when he figured out that Haru was using Yerin to get close to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk was the closest to Yerin so Haru made her a prop to spend more time around the alpha.

Also Jimin recognizes Haru's bad influence on his pup. Yerin's new interests made him believe so.

His pup procrastinated school work to spend time with Haru and Jeongguk.

She nagged for a makeup kit for days and started throwing tantrums when Jimin refused to buy her one.

She even began to discriminate between ranks. Calling betas the best, omegas weak.

Jimin was tired of Yerin's antics.