6

INNER CIRCLE of the Resistance were huddled around the map table in the command room. The map table displayed a wireframe hologram of a rolling view of the surface of Starkiller base. With the urgent of this meeting Finn was met with more Resistance members such as Statura, Ackbar, Brance, Snap, Major Ematt, Nian Nunb, and others. Finn, being new, only knew Poe but also faintly knew Han, Amara, Leia, and seemed to be familiar with 3PO.

Poe crosses his arms on his chest, "The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report." He says.

Snap nods, "They've somehow created a hyper lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself."

Brance turns to Snap, "A laser cannon?"

Snap shrugs his shoulders, "We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale."

Major Ematt frowns thinking of the worst, "It's another Death Star."

Amara steps in, "I don't think that's the case, Major." She then hits the a control.

When Amara pressed a button, a wireframe of the Death Star appears. Leia and Han stare at the weapon of their past. The weapon that had destroyed Leia's home and family.

"This was the Death Star," Amara says.

Amara hits another control and the Death Star shrinks. It shrinks and shrinks, as the surface of the Starkiller Base is drawn into a larger image.

"The Death Star looks like minuscule in comparison." Poe says.

Amara points at Starkiller base, "This is Starkiller Base." Shee sighs.

Many people in the room had not seen this image before. It was shocking, stunning even. Han shakes his head, Amara caught glimpse of her father.

"So it's big." Han says.

Admiral Ackbar turns to look at them all, "How is it possible to power a weapon of this size?" He asks.

Finn jumps in, "It uses the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears."

After Finn says that an officer runs up. This officer hands General Organa a datacard. Leia reads over the message with all eyes on her, she frowns.

"The First Order, they're charging the weapon again now." She says, "Our system is the next target."

C-3PO panics, "Oh my." He spoke, "Without the Republic fleet, we're doomed."

Han looks at the hologram of Starkiller Base, "Okay, how do we blow it up?" He asks.

All eyes turn to Han. Surprised to hear him speak up or assuming there was even a shot of surviving this attack.

"There's always a way to do that." Han says.

No one has anything. Leia glanced over at her husband, she grew frustrated through the silence.

"He's right," Leia says.

Han looks to Leia in utter surprise.

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base would need some kind of thermal oscillator." Admiral Statura says hesitantly.

Finn nods at the Admiral, "There is one."

Everyone eyes the former trooper. He moves around the hologram to a location of the Starkiller Base. He stood next to Amara, and where he touched the hologram, it zoomed in.

Finn points and says, "Precint 47." He says, "Right there."

Admiral Staura ponders, "If we can destroy that oscillator, it might de-stabilize the core and cripple the weapon." He says.