39

DAWN CAME without warning. And Amara was nearly exhausted. Her morning was spent in meetings for the first part of her day, having breakfast with Connix and Rose, and then sneaking off to go "mediate" for a few hours. Leia okayed it. So she didn't feel nearly as guilty as heading out, but she was told to take a comm with her.

Amara reached the top of her perch. She loved the view. She loved the serenity the view made her feel. Amara didn't decide to go into a mediation, instead she walked to the edge of the rock formation and sat down. She had her feet hanging off the edge and stared at the view. The wind blew through her hair and she smiles.

"Not even trying to mediate, I see." Spoke the voice of Anakin.

Amara turns, "Gonna blame it on my Solo genes?" She asks with a smirk.

Anakin gives a humorous grin, "Maybe."

Amara turns her back to her grandfather's Force ghost and takes in everything. He moved over to stand next to her. Anakin looks down at Amara, she seems to be in a cheery mood.

"So, why are you in such a good mood?" Anakin asks.

Amara glanced up at him, "Wow way to make it seem like all I am is a downer." She says.

Anakin lightly chuckles, "Well you aren't nearly this cheerful looking." He says.

Amara glanced back at the view, "Poe should be back today." She says with a smile, "I haven't seen him in so long and I- I miss him a lot."

Anakin gives a small smile.

"Mom is wanting to give him, Finn, and Chewie time to recover from their missions. They've been gone so long." Amara says.

"It will be nice for you to have someone else to talk to than me," Anakin says and glanced back at her, "So will that mean you won't be coming here for training while he's back?"

Amara lifts her gaze to him, "No- Uh, yes? Uh- um, I don't know." She says.

Anakin kept his gaze on her, "Which is it, Amara?" He asks.

Amara scoots back and then stands up. She turns her back to the Force ghost and walks to the center of the rock formation. She ran a hand through her hair before turning back to Anakin.

"I don't know, really. No one knows this is where I come for mediation and only Poe knows that I've been contacting you." Amara kept her hand in her hair, "I know the Force can be a sensitive subject for him after what happened to him- but I can't not be training."

"You can train with the girl from Jakku," Anakin says, "Rey."

Amara glanced at him, "I mean- yeah."

Amara looked up at the sky above her.

Rey and Amara do train, but after they spend time training together they go their own ways. And they usually train in sparring. Rey runs through the jungle and Amara comes here.

"You two can help each other," Anakin says, "Help shine lights on weakness and help guide for improvement."

Amara glanced at him, "Is this the sort of lessons you'd give as a Jedi Master?"

Anakin sighs, "We were at war," He says, "Things were different."

Amara shrugs, "Not too different, gramps. I'm in the middle of a galactic war, myself." She gives a big smile.

Anakin steps over to her, "This is a do as I say, not as I do." He says.

Amara grumbles a little as Anakin walks pass her. She mutters something under her breathe. Anakin glanced at her, she had her back to him. A small smile appeared on his face.