15

THE BRIDGE had such a sorrow tension. Amara was standing next to Lieutenant Connix, the two girls were quietly speaking among each other, before noticing Holdo looking at them.

Holdo comes walking over with her hands behind her back, "Commander Solo," She says, "I'm happy to see you out of the medic room. How is the General's condition?"

Amara's eyes shift to Holdo, "The same, ma'am." She says.

Holdo kept her eyes on Amara, "Anything to report?" Holdo asks as she kept her eyes on Amara.

Amara had a small feeling that Holdo could see past the lie she had told her prior. Amara kept her gaze on Vice Admiral Holdo. Neither one of them breaking eye contact. Though, as Amara stared into Holdo's eyes nothing indicated that Holdo did not believe Amara's claims. Holdo seemed to believe it. Either that or she was telling herself she believed Amara's lies.

Amara shakes her head, "No, ma'am." She says.

Holdo nods.

Then an officer calls Holdo over to their station, to which Holdo excused herself. Amara kept her eyes on Holdo before turning to Connix.

"Kaydel," Amara says, "Poe will want to see you in a few minutes. Think you can come up with an excuse to leave your post?"

Kaydel Connix looks at the daughter of her General. The woman was loyal to Leia. Lieutenant Connix would follow Leia into battle and oddly enough she trusted Amara the same. It could be because she is Leia's daughter or because she sort of illuminates the same hope Leia portrays.

Connix nods, "Don't worry about it," She says, "I'll be there. Where are we meeting?"

Amara glanced at Holdo one last time before turning back to Connix, "The medic room. It'll be private enough to have a conversation without others listening in."

Connix nods again, "Alright."

Amara nods at Connix and begins to head out of the bridge. She pauses at the door when she saw Holdo look at Amara before she left. Amara could sense it. Holdo was suspicious alright.

{THE LAST JEDI}

REY HAD walked out of the Falcon. She and Chewie were having a hard time trying to make contact with the Resistance. It made Rey feel a bit worried. Worried about Finn. Worried about Leia. Worried about the people she had started to consider friends, maybe even like family. She walked down the ramp and stood underneath the large ship shielding her from the rain. She sensed him. Again.

She turned her gaze, fixing it on where she could see him.

"Murderous snake," Rey addresses to him, "You're too late. You lost. I found Skywalker."

Kylo Ren didn't seemed fazed, "Did you hell you what happened?" He asks, "The night I destroyed his temple, did he tell you why?"

Rey was angry, "I know everything I need to know about you."

"You do?" Kylo Ren asks, "Ah, you do. You have that look in your eyes. From the forest. When you called me a monster."

Rey glared at him, "You are a monster."

"Yes, I am." Kylo Ren says.

And then the presence of him vanished. Rey stood there under the Falcon staring at the waves from the ocean. She exhaled deeply and sighed.

{THE LAST JEDI}

CANTO BRIGHT was not what Finn expected. To be fair, he hasn't been to many places in the galaxy. Since leaving the First Order, the former trooper has seen more places in days than he had in years as a trooper.