96

AMARA SCREAMED. She laid on a bed with medical droids there helping her through the pain of childbirth. Next to her, holding her hand was none other than her husband.

"You can do it, baby." He whispers into her ear.

"Gaaah-!" Amara screams again as she pushes.

The medical droid insists that Amara does another push. The droid tells the pair that the baby is almost there and one more push should be the final one.

"One more push, Mar." Poe says smiling, "You can do it."

Tears sliding down her face. She shakes her head as she shakes with fear.

"I- I can't do this, Poe." Amara cries, "I- I'm scared."

Poe brushes his hand through her hair. Her hair that was soaked with sweat. She was exhausted, not on the level she had experienced through war, but a different kind of exhaustion.

Poe gives her a gentle smile, "You can do it." He says, "I'm here."

He kisses the top of her head.

Amara nods.

She pushes and screams.

A moment of silence.

And then a baby cries.

{A NEW ORDER}

ORSON WAITS out in the waiting area with Ben, Rey, Rose, Finn, Lando, and Chewbacca. Orson was nervous in the beginning, because oh how pained his mother looked, but Rey and Rose assured her that Amara will be fine.

He believed them.

They had been waiting for hours, it felt like days to Orson. Time just sort of stopped. However, after four hours of waiting the door opens and it was Poe.

He looked a mixture of exhausted but also excited. He was rubbing his hands through his hair as he sort of looked shocked.

"She's here," Poe smiles.

Everyone looks at him.

Rey smiles, "She?" She spoke.

Poe nods, "She."

Finn has a smirk, "Guess that means the baby isn't going to be named Poe, huh?" He teases.

Poe shakes his head.

Ben walks over and placed a hand on Poe's shoulder. This was just to reassure his brother-in-law that he can breathe now. The hard part was over.

"How is my sister?" Ben asks.

Poe looks at Ben, "Resting." He says, "She tried to break my hand."

Rose grins, "Sounds like her." She says.

Poe has a small grin. Ben lightly shoves Poe in a brotherly manner, which led to Poe lifting his gaze over to his brother-in-law.

"You're next, brother." Poe says teasing.

Then Poe gestures to the five month pregnant Rey Skywalker. The two Jedi glanced from one an other to Poe.

Ben glanced back at Rey, "Please don't break my hand."

Some chuckling came from the others in the waiting area.

Rey smirks, "No promises." She says.

Another burst of chuckles came from the comment.

Chewie growls and gains their attention yet again.

Everyone turned from the large Wookiee to Poe once again. Chewie had asked about the name of the baby girl.