38

MEDIATING WAS something Amara did daily, but despite her best efforts, she couldn't make contact with her Uncle Luke.

"I swear he doesn't want to talk to me," Amara say sitting on a rock on the top of the rock formation, "He's ignoring me."

"Or maybe you're too impatient and refuse to put more thought into it." Anakin says and sighs, "Was this something Obi-Wan had to deal with, with me?"

Amara stood up and walked over to the edge of the rock formation. The Force ghost of Anakin followed her. She sat down on the edge and looked forward at the horizon. The sun was going to begin to set anytime now.

"I'm not being impatient, Anakin- er do I call you grandfather?" Amara looks up at him, "Or is that too weird? Or do you want me to call you Master Skywalker, since you know you've been giving me pointers?"

Anakin sighs again and shakes his head, "Anakin works fine." He tells her.

Amara nods.

"So you told the pilot about us speaking," Anakin says, "Did he take it well?"

Amara glanced from him to the horizon again, "I guess," She shrugs, "Ever since he was tortured by the First Order- he's been a bit hesitate towards the Force. I mean I know he supports me but- but I can sense fear from him."

Anakin frowns, "Having someone forcefully go through your mind as a Jedi is hard, but we have the ability to block it out. Although, the same cannot be said about your what-? Boyfriend?"

Amara looks at him, "I'm not a Jedi, remember. I have no obligations to a Jedi order." She tells him.

Anakin only nods.

"And I know he isn't like me," She says frowning, "I know how bad he had to endure on the Finalizer. If it wasn't for Finn breaking him out-,"

Amara paused on her words.

Anakin looks at her. Her eyes widen briefly before sighing. She ran a hand through her hair and the other one rested behind her, to lean a little back.

"Do not get caught up in that mind trap, Amara. Those ideas of what could've happened will only make you go crazy." He tells her.

Amara looks him.

"He is alive and well," Anakin says, "And is coming back from that mission you mentioned to me."

Amara smiles softly, "We only get a few days together before he is gone again." She says, "It's hard. Being away from each other like this."

"Back in the Clone Wars," Anakin spoke, "I had to keep my marriage a secret. We couldn't be seen together in ways I would've loved. The only times we really felt together was when we were alone. And it was those moments with her I really treasured."

Amara looks at him, "You two really loved each other." She smiles softly.

Anakin frowns, "I destroyed the Republic for her." He says.

Amara also frowns. She had heard of the death of her grandmother in the past. Leia recalls faintly remembering her own mother at birth, but the only logically reason was because of the Force.

"Love makes you do crazy things," Amara followed up saying.

Anakin glanced at her, "What would you do for your pilot?" He asks.

Amara looks at her grandfather, "Anything." She answers so quickly.

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}