26

POE RETURNED a day earlier than expected. The Falcon landed at their campsite on Yavin 4 as well as a Poe's Black Squadron. It was a huge relief for Poe to know Snap, Jess, and Karé had all survived. Just as good as it was to know they had survived, it had hit Poe how many men he lost in his Black Squardon.

He shakes it off as he walked down the ramp of the Falcon with Finn, BB-8, and Chewie. He looks at the sight before him. Karé and Snap embracing each other and even giving each other kisses on the lips. The married couple had spent so long inside their X-Wings flying away from First Order fleets, they weren't sure they were even going to make it. Poe's eyes made it to Jess. Jess looks at him and winks at him. Poe gives her a small smile. Hearing Jess's voice over the comms made his anxiety just shatter into tiny pieces.

"So what's next, buddy?" Finn asks standing next to Poe.

Poe knew Finn was a bit worried over him during this mission. These people they were saving were very close to Poe. Poe knew them for years, longer than Finn. Finn knew Poe had more friends than just him, it's like how Poe isn't Finn's only friend.

Poe looks at Finn, "Debrief with the General," He says, "And I think a nap afterwards."

Finn watched as Poe yawned. Finn noticed as Poe hadn't been sleeping much. Finn had tried to get Poe to rest on the Falcon during their mission, but the man just brushed it off like nothing had happened.

Finn kept his eyes on Poe, "You sure you don't want to see Amara before a nap?" He asks, "She'd probably be happy to see you."

Poe pondered over that thought. A small smile escaped his lips.

"Maybe I'll push the nap back an hour," Poe says.

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}

DEBRIEFING WENT well, as well as Poe had expected it. Leia was happy to know they all made it back safely but was sadden that only three pilots remain from Black Squadron. Poe felt the same way and it was apparent on his face. Despite that, he and Finn ended up leaving Leia without anything else. Leia must've knew that both boys just wanted to be surrounded by friends again after their mission ripped them from their friends literally after the near destruction of the Resistance.

When Finn, Poe, and BB-8 arrived to camp, Finn spots Rose.

"Rose-!" Finn exclaims with a big smile.

Rose looked up and smiled. Rose was then met by Finn sprinting over to her and hugged her tightly. Rose held onto the former trooper tightly until he pulled back from the hug. Poe walked over slowly with BB-8 rolling behind his master.

Rose looks at Finn, "You're back earlier than expected." She says, "Welcome back."

Poe knew Rose was being polite and addressing both of them on their return, but Poe knew before he left how Rose seemed to be a bit closed off from him. He assumed it had to do with her sister's death being his fault. He doesn't blame, how could he?

Finn smiles, "Thanks." He says, "We just finished debriefing Leia."

Rose's eyes briefly land on Poe before moving to Finn. She had a genuine smile on her face whenever it was on Finn, but for Poe it seemed a little forced. No one seemed to notice it, either that, or Poe assumed no one wanted to bring it up.

"We were wondering where Rey and Amara are?" Finn asks.

Rose groans, "Those two have been joined at the hip ever since you two took off into space." She says, "I mean sure, we spend dinner together, but they've been in the forest mediating or doing Jedi stuff."