Namjoon ♡ Thrift Shop Romance

An exasperated sigh slipped past my lips, my mood a bit dampened by the rough day I just had. It was just one of those days where things didn't seem to go quite right. As a way to treat myself and possibly brighten my mood, I decided to do a bit of thrift shopping.
There are quite a few thrift shops in town, one of them is my favorite and quite frankly the best one out of them all, in my opinion. They have the greatest selection of clothes and the majority of them are from name brands.

I arrived at the thrift shop, pushing open one of the glass doors and stepping inside. I marveled at the endless racks of clothes ready to be dug through. I smiled to myself and got to work, sifting through the first section of clothes. The items in the store were fairly organized, sorted by style and clothing type. I started by going through the t-shirts, not finding anything that piqued my interest.

An hour had passed and I had gone through multiple racks of clothes, still empty-handed. I approached the section labeled jackets and started looking through them. My eyes widened as I spotted a nice leather jacket. It was perfect. I already had an outfit in mind to pair it with.
I let out an excited gasp as I reached for the leather jacket, at the same moment, someone else's hand reached for it as well. My eyes snapped up to see the owner of the hand.
A man with gray-toned hair styled in a mullet stared back at me, his sharp brows and equally sharp eyes staring into mine.
"I'm sorry. I believe I saw this jacket first." I spoke up, making sure to keep my tone light.
"Actually, I saw it first."
I was taken aback by his comment, surprised that he chose to argue.
"No. I did. I know I saw it first. I even reached for it first."
"My hand touched it a millisecond before yours." He stated.
"Millisecond. Really?"
"Yes."
"Look, I'm being as polite as I can here."
"So am I."
I sucked in a deep breath, trying my hardest to control my irritation.
"Can I please just take the jacket?" I asked.
"But I saw it first."
I clenched my jaw, knowing that I'd be wasting my time standing here and arguing with this fool over a jacket.
Just be the bigger person, Y/n.
"Alright. I'm gonna be nice and let you have it." I told him.
"Of course, that would be the right thing to do since I saw it first."
My jaw ticked, but I didn't say anything, not wanting to waste my energy.
I let go of the clothing and walked away.
"Goodbye forever, leather jacket." I muttered quietly under my breath.

I started looking through the remaining clothing racks, mindlessly flipping through garments as my gaze drifted towards the checkout counter where that man stood, my leather jacket in his hand.
Annoyance bubbled up inside me and I almost wished I had fought more for it. I watched as he paid for the item and left the store without a care.

Jerk.

Eventually, I gave up my quest for finding clothes and resorted to looking through some of the household items and other things sitting about the shelves lining the walls of the store.
As I was looking, I spotted an adorable picnic set. The basket was open, displaying the plates, glasses, and silverware inside.
"Well, it's not that leather jacket, but I do like it." I said to myself.

I grabbed the basket off the shelf and walked a little further to the book section, briefly perusing the area. It didn't take long for me to find a book that caught my eye. I skimmed the description on the back and quickly decided to purchase it, taking my items to the checkout counter. I may not have gotten that leather jacket I wanted, but I can pick up some sandwiches from the deli, get my favorite drink, and go have myself a little picnic in the park. That'll surely brighten my mood.
When I left the store, I opened up the basket and examined the tableware inside. I quickly opted out of using the plates and glasses since I did just pick this thing up from a thrift shop, plus the sandwiches at the deli are usually wrapped in paper that I can use to eat from instead.

I stepped inside the deli, the scent of veggies and freshly baked bread lingering in the air.
Behind the front counter was my best friend, San, whose father owned the deli.