Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

September 2010

“HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE ONE DAMN BOWL OF POPCORN?” Amanda yelled.

“I’M COMING” I yelled back at her trying to balance the two bowls of popcorn in my hands.

“Finally?” she said as she took one of the bowls from my hand and started stuffing her face.

“You’re welcome!” I said sarcastically. She ignored me and proceeded with watching the show “How much did I miss?”

 “Not much” she said with food in her mouth “It’s just a bunch of people auditioning”. My older sister and I were watching the new season of X-factor. There wasn’t anything on the show that I haven’t seen before. They showed the really crappy singers at the beginning, and then with the better ones. I watched as this one girl didn’t make it through and broke down into tears.

“Oh boo hoo” Amanda commented.

“Put yourself in her shoes. What if YOUR dreams were shattered in one second?” I told her.

“Unlike THAT girl, I have realistic dreams. I wouldn’t even audition if I sounded as awful as her”

I opened my mouth to reply, but I froze completely when I saw his face on T.V. ‘There’s no way in hell that it’s him’ I thought to myself. “I’m Harry Styles, I’m sixteen and I’m from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire” he said. It really was him. The boy whose heart I broke last summer. “It’s quite boring, nothing really happens there” Oh, so last summer was nothing? He flashed a cheeky smile and as he did, all of last summer’s memories came rushing back to me. He continued to talk about himself, and as I recalled more and more memories that we shared, I felt the beat of my heart getting faster by the second.

“Wait didn’t you know that kid?” Amanda asked.

“Y-yeah” I replied trying my best not to stutter “I knew him for a while back in Holmes Chapel” They showed his mum and I remembered her immediately. Anne. He walked on stage looking calm, although I knew how nervous he must have been. He told Simon a bit about himself and then began to sing, and his angelic voice filled my ears. It’s been so long since I’ve heard him sing. I smiled as he sang “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder beautifully. He stopped and took a bow as the crowd applauded him. I giggled to myself as Amanda shot me a weird look. I suddenly found myself feeling nervous for him. “For 16 you have a beautiful voice” Nicole told him. He gave her a genuine smile and I couldn’t help but smile as well. Louis told him that he was too young and rejected him, but Simon soon agreed with Nicole and gave him a yes. He made it through. I couldn’t believe it. Haz was going to be on the X-factor. I grabbed my phone and wanted to text him to congratulate him, but then I remembered that he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. Besides, I was the one who left him, so who am I to march back into his life after what happened that night?