Chapter 23

Emily’s POV:

   I watched as Harry buried his face in his palms. I didn’t want this for him. I didn’t want this for either of us.

  “It’s still undetermined” I told him as I placed my palm on his back and wiped away my tears. I’ve been crying for the past three days, it’s time for me to stop and be strong for Harry.

  “When did you find out?” he asked.

  “Four days ago” I confessed “Jasmine was taking a pregnancy test because she and Niall…well…did it, and her period was late. So I took one with her just for the moral support, and it turned out that I needed the test more than she did. She doesn’t know though. Only Zayn and Amanda know.”

  “You told Zayn before you told me?” he asked angrily with bloodshot eyes “Well that’s typical”

  “Harry, please, I don’t want to go into this argument right now. I needed someone to talk to and—”

  “AND WHAT?” he yelled “It’s my baby, isn’t it?”

“Of course it is!” I snapped “Harry just calm down!”

“Calm down?” he yelled standing up “HOW CAN I CALM DOWN? I’M NOT READY TO BE A FATHER AT THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN!”

“What about ME? I’m not even a legal adult yet!” I saw the tears forming in his eyes “We’ll get through this, I promise” I said trying to reassure him.

  “You’re actually going through this? There’s always the option of abortion or adoption you know”

  “I’M NOT GETTING AN ABORTION, HARRY. I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD EVEN SUGGEST THAT. YOU KNOW I DON’T BELIEVE IN ABORTIONS, AND I REFUSE TO GIVE OUR CHILD AWAY JUST BECAUSE WE’RE TOO SCARED.”

  “SO YOU’RE PLANNING TO RAISE THIS KID WHILE YOU’RE STILL A TEENAGER?”

  “You’re? It’s OUR baby. It’s still not for sure yet, anyway!”

  “THE TEST CAME OUT POSITIVE, EMILY” he said in a louder voice, if that was even possible “STOP BEING IN DENIAL”

  “I’M KEEPING THIS BABY WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR HELP! I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!” we were both silent for a few minutes. A few tears fell from Harry’s eyes. I tried to wipe them away, but he pulled away from my touch “Harry, please” I whispered, wiping away the inevitable tears from my eyes.

  “I’m sorry” he whispered before wiping his face and walking away. My heart shattered right then. For the first time ever, Harry wasn’t there to stand by me when I needed him most.

*

  Days passed, and Harry and I were still not talking. I checked my phone every five minutes, hoping there’d be a missed call or at least a text message from him, but there wasn’t anything.

  I wasn’t eating, sleeping, or thinking right. My mind was preoccupied with Harry and the baby. What if he really is serious about wanting nothing to do with the baby? How will the press react? (That is if Harry even admits that the baby is his as well) How will my father react? Should I drop out of college now? How will I raise this child?

  I had a lot of emotions. I was scared, confused, hurt, lost, but mostly; I felt betrayed. It was also really awkward around my father since he didn’t know yet, and I wasn’t planning on telling him anytime soon. Jasmine doesn’t know either, which makes things a whole lot worse. I decided I would tell her after her birthday so that it wouldn’t preoccupy her mind. I know Jasmine; if she finds out about this, she’d cancel her 18th birthday party which she’d been planning for since forever. It just wouldn’t be fair for her.

HARRY’S POV:

  I took another swig of my drink as I laid down on the couch still burying myself in grief and confusion. This all seemed so surreal. These things only happened in movies and in reality shows. They don’t happen to people I know, let alone my own girlfriend. I missed Emily. Every atom of me missed her, but I didn’t know how to face her.

  My train of thoughts was interrupted when I received a text message. I looked at the screen hoping it was Emily. It was Tiffany; Amanda’s friend who had been flirting with me a few months back.

 ‘I hear you’re back in town. Do you want to meet up somewhere to have a little fun? ;)’ the text read. I didn’t know if it was my sorrow or the alcohol which made me reply to her the way I did, but it was a text I knew I’d regret for the rest of my life.

 ‘Meet me at my place.’