Chapter 12

8 PM:

 “Wait a second” Scarlett yelled “YOU GUYS KISSED?”

“Be quiet, will you?” I said covering her mouth “Amanda doesn’t know about this whole situation and I don’t want her to” Scarlett, another friend of mine called Jasmine, and I were all getting ready to go out tonight. Harry and I decided that we’d all go to Storm Nightclub tonight.

“I just don’t get why you two won’t just get back together already” Jasmine said applying mascara on “I mean, it’s obvious you two are still into each other” I just sighed heavily.

“I don’t know” I sighed “He just seems so…distant. Like he still doesn’t trust the fact that I won’t leave him again” I wore my high heels and grabbed my jacket. I had a bad feeling about tonight. I didn’t know what it was, but I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty.

About half an hour later, we were there. The three of us got out of the car and into the venue. I looked around until I saw Zayn waving at us.

“Hey there you guys” I said to them “Guys, these are my friends Jasmine and Scarlett, and Scarlett these are Zayn, Niall, Louis, Eleanor, and Harry”

 I gave them all a hug when I stopped at Harry. “You look great, Em” he said smiling and embracing me in for a hug.

“Thanks” I said under my breath. He gave me a tight squeeze before he let me go. We were all sitting in a booth; I looked at Scarlett who was chatting it up with Eleanor, then at Jasmine who was sitting next to Niall. I could see Jasmine blushing even though there were barely any lights. I could also see Niall laughing hysterically. Wait, was Jasmine into Niall? That couldn’t be possible since she had a boyfriend. I watched as she played with a strand of her hair shyly.

“I like your accent. I’ve always thought that Australian accents are the cutest” he told her smiling. I could tell Niall was into her from the way he was looking at her.

“Thanks” she blushed “Your accent isn’t that bad either” she joked. I continued to observe them until I felt Harry tap my shoulder.

“I’m going to go get a drink” he told me “Do you want anything?”

“No thanks” I told him smiling. He got up and walked towards the bar. Things were kind of awkward between us because of our kiss this morning. I looked around to find Zayn looking at me weirdly.

“What?” I asked him.

“I still don’t believe you” he said still grinning “There’s something between you and Harry”

“I told you; we’re just really good friends”

“I didn’t know friends kissed” I looked around to make sure that no one heard him “Don’t worry, no one else knows.” I stood up and sat beside him so that no one would hear our conversation “It’s fine if you still love Harry” he told me with a serious look.

“I don’t! Today’s kiss was just an act of impulse.”

“It’s one of two option, it’s either A) you’re lying to me, or B) you’re lying to yourself”

“I assure you; it’s neither” A part of me knew that Zayn was right, but I just kept shoving that part of me down where I can’t hear it yapping anymore. I looked around for Harry who still hasn’t come back.