Chapter 36 (Part Two)

HARRY’S POV:

4 months earlier:

  I drove furiously with heavy tears streaming down my face. I was fed up with this. I was here in London barely able to go on while she was in France with some pretty-boy boyfriend. I couldn’t really see the road clearly because of my blurry image, but I drove anyway. I stopped the car and got out of it, storming towards the door, the alcohol bottle still in my hand.

  Lila opened up with a smile on her face, but the smile soon faded away when she saw my red, puffy face “I didn’t know where else to go” I told her. She sighed and engulfed me in a hug.

  We slouched down on the couch as I lay my head back, closing my eyes.

  “Don’t ever drink and drive ever again” Lila whispered, playing with a strand of my hair “I couldn’t risk losing you” she said, moving closer to me.

  “I just can’t stand it anymore” I told her, turning my head to look at her “I’m torn up while she’s in Paris living her life normally, but maybe that’s what she wanted all along. You know; a normal life without a boyfriend who’s never home and doesn’t cheat on her.”

  “You made a mistake, Harry” she said holding my hand “You need to forgive yourself first before you ask for her forgiveness” I looked at her face which resembled Emily’s a lot, but still couldn’t compare. Her hand slid towards my knee then to my thigh, stroking it gently. I looked at her hand, then back up at her with confusion. She smirked as if this was completely normal “She forgot about you” she told me without any hesitation “I think it’s time you do the same” I didn’t know if it was my desperate self or the alcohol doing so, but I leaned in and kissed her.

EMILY’S POV:

  I went back into the house after an hour or so when the tears finally stopped and turned into rage. I staggered through the house, searching for Lila when I found her in the kitchen, eating and drinking from the food like it was hers.

  “What’s the matter with you?” I asked her angrily.

  “What do you mean?” she asked, as if she didn’t know. Lila was either genuinely dumb, or playing dumb.

  “First of all, you can’t just waltz in here with my 9 best friends just because Harry jokingly invited you” I yelled “Secondly, I specifically told you that Harry and I used to date and asked you to back off before I left to Paris!”

  “I’m sorry if you don’t want me here, but it’s really not up to you, Emily. Harry told me that he wants me here, and here I am. I’m sure Louis and the other guys would understand. I’ve actually grown quite close to them while you were gone.” She said, smirking deviously. I gaped at her with shock. She was actually planning all of this. If anyone knew Lila, it was me.

  “Just get out!” I finally yelled “I DON’T GIVE A FUCK IF YOUR PRECIOUS HARRY INVITED YOU HERE. HE’S JUST ONE PERSON OUT OF TEN OF US. WE CAME HERE TO HAVE FUN, NOT TO BE ANNOYED BY SOME NOSY, RICH BRAT.”

  “Where the heck should I stay, then?” she asked innocently.

  “I don’t know; a hotel somewhere. I’m sure Harry will come visit you.” I told her, giving her a fake smile. I turned around to find Harry standing right behind me.

  “Don’t be mean, Emily” he told me, quietly but sternly “I know you’re possessive and all, but there’s plenty of room for Lila here” I gaped at him with shock. He just looked at me with a blank expression.

  “HONEY, WE’RE HOME!” Louis yelled as he came in with the rest of our friends trailing behind him. They all stopped when they saw Lila “Lila?” Louis asked “What are you doing here?” Lila just smiled and gave him a wave. I looked back at Harry who still had a blank expression on his face. I pushed through him and Louis so that no one could see my tears.