1.34 - Celestial

"Aye Frypan, can we start the barbeque already?"

"Yeah, I'm starving!"

"Frypan, I love you but I will raid your kitchen if you don't let us eat soon."

"I'm gonna die of starvation. Please, Frypan, please."

"All of you shut the shuck up or so help me God I will throw all these food onto the ground and let those nasty ants have them!"

"But Frypan,"Liam whines, yanking at the cook's arm and swinging it back and forth. "All of us are growing boys, we need food!"

Frypan waves a spatula at him threateningly, causing the boy to cover. "No means no, we can only eat after the bonfire is lit. That's the tradition!"

"Urgh, where are Newt and Greenie? At this rate, they're gonna kill me before the grievers get to!" Zart groans as he looks at the crowd for the boys he mentioned.

From what he could see, everyone was at the party already. Most of them held a cup in their hands, drinking and occasionally wincing at Gally's special recipe. No one knows that Gally had mixed in the drinks but it was the closest beverage they have to beer. Not quite enough to get them drunk, but enough to make the party wild. A few of them were engaged in a game with Gally where opponents would try to push, throw or shove Gally out of the circle that was drawn in the sand. Gally was always in the circle whenever welcoming parties for greenies are thrown, as so far no one could beat him in strength yet. At times, Gally would invite more than one gladers to challenge him in the circle, and despite it is evident that he had struggled to win, he emerged victorious each time. He would also seem to be at his best and whatever normal a teenage boy would be during this time, something all gladers would take advantage of before his temper returns after the night has ended. 

Zart was handed a long wooden stick by Winston in the middle of his observation. Winston held one in his hand too and was playing about with it, challenging Zart to retort his attacks with his stick. Zart complied, and soon the boys were engaged in a playful fight. Even though one of them has to knock out the other opponent's stick in order to win, both boys were having a go at it trying to hit each other's body parts instead. The other gladers either watched and cheered them on or dodges and moves away when their fighting came too close to their liking. A few of them noticed Frypan's assistances were starting to pour coals into the barbeque pit and couldn't help but lick their lips at the anticipation of the food they will be having that night. Smoked corn, smoked potatoes, smoked sausages and most importantly - smoked meat of chicken, fish, pork and beef. It was the only night where they could have as much food as they want. 

As he narrowly dodges at Winston's attack that was aimed at his arm, Zart caught a glimpse of a few figures making their way towards the bonfire. "Finally." he thought to himself before calling Winston to stop his assaults. He began to announce Newt and Thomas's arrival, but trailed off when he caught sight of who else that was with them. "Greenie's here- Woah." 

All the boys who had their backs against where Newt, Thomas and Primrose were coming from, turned to look behind them when they saw the astonished look the other gladers had. A great silence fell across the party, the only noise that was left was an opponent that was grunting to push Gally out of the circle. Gally was barely budging from his spot and was staring at the same direction as the rest. 

Newt could feel Primrose's hand tightened her grip around his, "I knew it, I'm too overdressed." She whispers to Newt. "Now everyone's staring at me."

Primrose had always preferred to stay out of the spotlight, Newt knew that. He had too been hoping the other gladers wouldn't gawk at her when they arrived because it would only aggravate her anxiety further. He lowers his head to talk at her ear, keeping their conversation private. "Do you want to go change?" He was hoping she wouldn't, he had enjoyed seeing her wearing the dress, but he preferred her to feel comfortable more.