1.42 - Tree climbing

Over the past few days, the girl remained unconscious. The Med-Jacks tried to feed her but she was eating less and less each time. She kept mumbling Thomas's name but Thomas insisted he didn't know who she was when Newt pestered him about it. When my twin and I were left alone, Thomas told me he thinks that he knows her from before. He seems to have come to accept that I'm his twin, and on his honour, swore he wasn't the one who was talking to me in my head.

Alby hasn't stopped screaming his head off but according to Jeff, his changing was going well. If I haven't known any better, I say Alby's changing sounds a lot more painful than Ben's. The truth was soon revealed, apparently, Minho's original plan was to make Thomas a runner, just like he had half promised me, but he knew that the Council would never consider this unless he plays his cards well.

And I hate to say this but, over the past few days, my fists were itching to punch Gally in the face for making up klunk and pass it around the gladers. They were already scared and if this continues, there's going to be riots.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt questioned Thomas again with a serious look. Thomas stared at the girl for a long time before replying an unsure no. "Really, cause she seems to know you." Newt kept pressing on but poor Thomas remained utterly confused and kept shaking his head. I thought his sass was amusing and laughed quietly with my hand clamped over my mouth.

I don't see the point of questioning Thomas. So what if he does admit that he knows the girl? It's not like she can assist us in escaping this hellhole because like us, she wouldn't be able to remember anything.

Pale skin, raven black hair and a slim figure, this girl is a beauty. No wonder everyone has taken interest in her. I even heard Alby made a rule saying no one is allowed to touch her or they'll be banished. It makes me wonder how in the world he was able to think clearly when he was in this state.

Does that rule apply to the same gender as well?

Who cares? I'm gonna touch her.

"Rosie," Newt lightly slaps my hand away and fighting back a grin. "Don't poke her."

I pouted before throwing my hands up in the air dramatically, "First Minho and now you. Y'all never let me have my own fun around here. Lighten up shank."

Minho, who was sitting at a corner, rolled his eyes. He seems to be doing that a lot lately and he was quieter as well. "Let her do what she wants, we have bigger problems to deal with right now. Captain Gally's throwing a big fit as we speak."

"Gal's always angry, let him be." I shrugged it off, staring at the girl as though she was a foreign object. Why won't she wake up? Was she pretending to be asleep because she thought we were dangerous people?

I bent down at her ear and whispered, "Hey, if you're pretending to be asleep, I promise we're not bad people so you can wake up anytime."

"I say we question the girl when she wakes up, someone is bound to have an answer around here." Newt spoke, crossing his arms across his chest.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked.

Newt quickly decides, "We'll worry about the note later."

"I don't know man, I think we should start worrying about the note. If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we could last?" Jeff asked with a weary tone.

"No one said that." Newt shakes his head slightly and denies Jeff's statement.

I couldn't help but agree with Jeff, the box hasn't gone back down like it was supposed to after a greenie was sent up. The note implied that the girl was the last one to come through and her mumbling about 'Everything's going to change' didn't help either.