1.48 - Break Out

"Gally," The keeper of the builders looks at the boy who had called his name. Winston. "This doesn't feel right man." 

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home." Jeff. 

I remained silent with the rest of the gladers, hoping that someone would be able to convince Gally to change his mind. The plan was simple, rescue Thomas and Teresa from Gally and his... minions, go into the maze, fight to the death with grievers as the two of them attempt to punch in the code to get us out of here for good. I could only hope the hours we've spent working on the maze pattern had been worth it, more importantly, had been correct. 

Float. Catch. Bleed. Death. Stiff. Push.

The codes were shared amongst us - Thomas, Teresa, Minho, Newt, Liam and I. Just in case one of us doesn't make it or if Thomas and Teresa failed at their mission. At the thought of the high possibility of us dying kept my palms sweating and no matter how many times I wiped them against the fabric of my shirt, they continuously appeared to remind me of my fear of death. I snuck a glance at Newt who was looking at Minho, out of all the people here, he's the one who I do not want to die the most. 

"We are home. I don't want to cross any more names off that wall."

At his words, most of us looked at the direction of the wall gladers carve their names onto. I sighed, I was there just a few hours ago, touching the only evidence that showed that Ben had been here living with us before, that the boy had existed at some point of time. Newt couldn't stop staring at Alby's until he was pulled away.

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa rebutted.

"An offering." Gally corrects Teresa. "Tie them up."

The boys never did get the chance to do what they were told as they were knocked down by Thomas who had been pretending to be unconscious all this while. People who were on our side to save Thomas and Teresa sprang into action as soon as they saw Thomas attacking the gladers from Gally's side. I barely had to do much and watched in silence as the rest of the boys pulled out weapons to threaten the other party.

"Minho," I called the runner's name in a warning tone, showing my disapproval that he was resting a machete on Gally's back. He had a look of resentment and caution across his face and I feared that he would grow impulsive and hack Gally to death if Gally couldn't keep his mouth shut. He didn't need to become a murderer.  All of us slowly moved to the entrance of the maze whilst keeping a careful eye on the others who were determined to stay in the maze.

"Look, you don't have to come with us but we're leaving." Thomas begins his speech, holding and pointing a spear at the rest. I wasn't worried about him, he didn't look like he was going to throw it even when someone does charge forward. 

"Don't listen to him." Gally had a hand up, trying to calm the rest of the gladers. "He's just trying to scare you."

"I'm not, you're already scared. I'm scared." Thomas's voice was shaky as he spoke. "But I rather die out there than in here, at least there's a chance for us to survive. Anyone who wants to come with us, this is your last chance."

"The grievers are just going to keep coming back until you're all dead," Teresa added.

"Gally, come with us." Thomas begs him. "We'll have a better chance."

I recognised the look on Gally's face, "He doesn't believe our cause." I pointed out sadly, "He won't be coming." I was devastated when the thought of seeing Gally alive the last time dawned on me.