1.44 - Metal Organ

I wasn't sure how I felt when I heard the news that the mysterious girl was awake. But I can tell you that I was not happy that the private moment between Newt and I was interrupted. I could tell Newt was excited as he grabbed my hand and rushed us both to the med-jacks'. Even though I knew she was awake, I was stunned to see her sitting up and drinking a bowl of soup either Jeff or Clint had offered her before they came to inform Newt.

I tug on Newt's shirt before asking, "What about Minho? He'll want to know."

I would have suggested calling for Alby too, but I didn't think he would be in a stable condition to interrogate the girl. These past few days, Alby had been screaming and swearing most of the time and if we weren't careful, we would get bitten; it'd already happened a couple of times and poor Jeff was the first victim. I happened to be in the same room and witnessed everything; it was when he started screaming when I realized how grateful I was not the medic.

"Good idea." To my dismay, Newt releases my hand to try to approach the girl first. It must be very confusing for her to find herself waking up on a bed, not knowing where she is or who she and everyone else is.

Shifting on my feet, I crossed my arms across my chest before glancing at the thin wall next to where everyone has gathered around the girl, wondering if the silence meant Alby is asleep or listening quietly. But I doubt the latter.

When Newt sends me a quizzical look, I realized he was waiting for me to get Minho.

"Oh you meant me- urgh never mind. I'll get him." I smacked my forehead before turning on my heels and walk out of the room.

Minho was annoyed that I woke him up from his sleep but follows me to the med-jacks' anyways, muttering a few remarks here and there. I was rather surprised that he is easy to be woken up as I had assumed that he is a heavy sleeper. Once we were in the medjack's room, I started to pay attention to the girl's features, something I've been doing each time I came to the medjacks' with Newt.

I couldn't help but touch my scar, comparing my own beauty to hers. Honestly, how can someone who just woken up from a coma manage to look stunning?

Seeing that almost everyone is here, Newt approaches the girl before kneeling down to her height. My eyes narrow when I noticed the two of them were too close for my liking, although the distance wasn't intentional.

"Hello, my name's Newt." Newt introduces himself to the raven haired girl, holding up a hand for her to shake. I smirked in triumph when she casts him a short glance before deciding that a wall was more interesting to look at.

Not giving up, Newt clears his throat, "Do you remember anything?"

She shook her head no. Surprise, surprise.

"Well do you want to eat anything? You must be starving after sleeping for such a long time." I was starting to admire Newt for his determination to try to get the girl to talk. When she didn't answer him, Newt turns to the person who stood the nearest to the door before instructing, "Clint, go get the girl something to eat."

"This is boring," Minho complains. "Are we planning to stand here all night to listen to nothing?"

Minho was voicing my thoughts, but I aimed a light kick at his leg anyway for the sake of formality.

"Come on Prim, I'm tired and I know you're tired, we should be sleeping our heads off right now considering we have a maze to run tomorrow morning." Minho was raising his voice by the end of his sentence, I didn't know he would be this cranky from the lack of sleep. "Plus, you can hardly stand straight."

Minho was right in guessing that I was knackered as hell, but I didn't want to admit it because Newt was present. What would he think of me if I just leave him to his job because I was sleepy? If the situation is the other way around, Newt would have insisted to stay with me, despite his need for sleep.