Chapter 24

6 Months Later

I glance at the blue sky as bird chirp above me. The prickling sun warms my skins and start to burn me. Puffing my cheek, I glance at the man who struggles behind. His leg staggers each time he walks. Strangers began to giggle, and it soon get to me.

"Can you hurry up?" I said exasperatedly, the man look at me in disbelieve.

"Sora, you bought 30 clothes from 10 different shops. So I apologize if your bags are slowing me down." Jae-Won exclaimed. The bodyguard who looks serious lays an active man behind. He wasn't scared to tell me his opinion and in time he would advise me to do the right things. This comfortable feeling leads me to open to the story of my friends I have left in Seoul.

"Well shopping is fun! Especially in different country" I spoke, glancing at the wide building. Standing in Macau I glance in amazement. This is a beautiful country. The thrill of being here was enough to make me happy. Although I'm too young to play the casino, there's still plenty things to do.

"Let's get you back to the hotel." He spoke, making me pout. As I follow him through the crowd, my eyes shifted across the street and saw a face that I never forget. The short hair girl was running while holding her backpack.

"Jan-Di?" There's no way she would be here, it could be somebody else. But I was willing to take the risk. Taking a step, I indulge myself to find her. Leaving my bodyguard my eyes searches for that one person. Groaning and mumbling to where she is I saw a deserted neighborhood where she stood with multiple men.

"Give it back!" Pointing at her luggage, she was demanding her stuff. The men look suspicious so knowing this isn't a good sign I step toward her.

"Give back her luggage. You want money? I can give it to you." I spoke, getting their attention. One of them grins as he examine my body from head to toe. The girl who I finally saw up close was actually Jan-Di. She looks puzzled to whom I was, as I wore a sunglasses that cover my face. Before they could get closer, three other guys came in and start fighting. The scent of familiarity hits me. It was F3 without Jun-Pyo.

"Prince S-Song?" One of the guys muttered Woo-Bin name with eyes widened. Cowering in fear they were meeting one of the deadly Mafia. I chuckle at how easy they scram off seeing his face.

"Are you alright?" Ji-Hoo asked Jan-Di. This makes me remember how he's always the worried one in the group.

"Y-yes I am. Thank you for helping me... uh?" Jan-Di glance at me. Their eyes turned, wondering who I was. Taking my shade off they all look surprise.

"Long time no see"

Their bewildered expression was the first thing I see. Except for Jan-Di who looks happy to see me. Yi-Jung looks like he was scorching in agony to talk but my bodyguard shows up before it happen.

"Miss, we need to go back now." He spoke formally once he glances at F3. Jan-Di wrote her number on my phone before we bid goodbyes. I know it won't be my last time seeing them here but the feelings I've repressed finally come into a surface.

On the way home, I grew silent. Glancing from the car, the pain of loving him comes back. The interlock of his lip with another woman makes me lose hope. The eyes that searches for me, that gaze through the window of my soul. I could never forget it. He did something to me on the first day.

"What's wrong?" Jae-Won asked through the rear view mirror wondering why I stopped talking.

"I wonder what the world would be like if I never met him."

I thought by trying different dresses and looking presentable. I would forget them all but the thoughts linger when Jan-Di texted me. Expecting me to meet the man who causes chaos to my heart. I tried to refuse her flatly, but it's been six months since I last saw him. The last time I close the pain. The last time I've ran away.

Meeting at the park, my feet turn agitated. Heart beating fast and it didn't disappear as his figure come closer. He looks slightly older with hair growing longer. But none of it matter, as he looks handsome to my eyes.

"You have looked prettier since the last time I saw you." He spoke, the casual flirt that flutter my hearts was doing it once again. Like a pathetic love sick my heart couldn't calm down. Perhaps it was his sultry voice that lull me in.

"I'm sorry Sora. I was drunk at that time and mistaken her for you. This isn't an excuse, but I want to apologize for what happen." It cracks my heart knowing the truth. He was genuine with his word. Leaving him makes him self-reflected on his action.

"Can we ever get back as lover or as a friend?" This question is enough to show our status to the world. Just like him I thought of it, going back to his arm. Loving him and staying by his side. It sounded like a perfect dream.

"I don't think we can be together. I want to close our chapter. Being friends suits us." No matter what, I'm not ready to love. His crescent looks fallen but it was the reality. That, not everyone, has their good ending. Some has to realize the faulty mistake that they've made and live with it.

As I walk away, tears fall to the ground. The ex-lover who brought emotion out of me is finally gone. I'll be on the side line watching him fall in love with another girl, kissing her and hugging her.

And it won't be me.