Chapter 32

"Welcome back!" I threw the confetti in the air as Jae-Won entered the house. It's been a while since I've last saw him. He was working as a bodyguard for my distant relative and now we finally reunited. He threw a smile before I squeezed him into a hug.

"Remind me not to accept your grandfather request again." He spoke before grabbing a glass of water. He looks exhausted, and I couldn't blame him.

"Is not that bad! You get a change of scenery in Busan." I said cheering him up. Jae-Won rolled his eyes before mumbling incoherent words.

"You didn't see how flirty your underage cousin with me. I swear telling her off is like telling a toddler." He was grumpy which makes me laugh. Now the request has been completed his main priority will be back on me. Dropping my gaze to the marble table a question popped into my mind. I haven't been able to sleep well just thinking of it and Jae-Won notice it.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I want to see Chang-Mul." It didn't take long before the demand dropped. Jae-Won scoff at the confidence as if I turned into a new person. Saying it out loud does sound bizarre and this isn't one of my life purpose, which is confronting my parents murder.

"I won't allow you. Every time you're near him, you get panic attacks. I won't risk your health Sora." It sounded sweet to my ear, but I can't keep running away.

"I need to remind you that you're my bodyguard. What I say needs to follow." A strike of hurt flash across his face but I didn't mean it. I never like using my authority but it has to be done.

"You're right. I apologize for that. I'll tell your grandfather." His words sounded cold and it's obvious I wounded his heart. He couldn't believe I stoop so low just to see a man who isn't even worth my time. He brushed past my shoulder, and that's when I knew I mess up.

"Hey, can I come in?" Knocking on Woo-Bin doorstep wasn't my plan. But I wasn't in a great mood and I needed a distraction. He opens the door with a kind smile on his face.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" With eager I sat beside him, slumping myself on his sofa. Not long I close my eyes when the scene start to turn terrifying. Clenching onto Woo-Bin arm, I knew how bad this movie is.

"Ah!" When the ghost pop out on the screen, I jump on my seat. My head ran straight to his chest and stay there until the scary music fade away. Woo-Bin laugh at my action and instantly place his hand on my back. His touch felt pleasant, and my heart was yearning for it.

"Do you want me to turn it off?" I shook my head. I know I'm brave enough to watch it till the end.  This time, his touch was the only thing I focus on. His finger grazes my skin and flutters my heart.  It opens a new sensation of being safe. That night it feels right, being in his arm.

"So, how was it?" I ask, Jan-Di glance at her paper, observing the mark she got.

"I got 70! I pass!" We both jump in happiness knowing her hard work has paid.

"Thank you for teaching me!" Jan-Di thanked me as we giggled together. Gripping my backpack, I bid her goodbye before we walk to an opposite direction. The sky was blue, the sun is beaming high making my skin prickles. Sweat rolled down and I was getting dizzy from the weather. Rubbing my forehead, I stopped walking when a man stood in front of him.

"Minyeon..." My day turns horrible when he shows up in front of me. The man who storms my high school, appears once again. I gulp my saliva of how persistent he was.

"Can we talk?" He's been wanting this since he came out of prison. A chance to communicate. But with people protecting me from this man, I was left hiding.

"Fine, tonight." Giving him the address, I walk away in anxiousness. I was sick of seeing his face, but I needed a closure.

"Are you alright? You look pale?" I shriek when Jae-Won voice rang through the room. He raised an eyebrow of how jittery I am. Giving him a meek smile I told him I was fine. When he went groceries shopping, I walk side to side trying to form a plan. The clock was ticking, and I was soon to be late. Glancing at the metal that's flashing underneath the lamp, my hand place it onto my bag.

The rooftop of an abandoned building sounds sketchy to meet but this was the perfect place. Away from people hearing and vision. Chang-Mul stood there, waiting for my presence. Once our eyes meet, he sighs in relief knowing I didn't back out.

"I'm not here to chit chat. I want to know why you did it." I was tired of beating around the bush. He knew I needed answer and won't build a relationship.

"Back then my company went bankrupt. Your father refused to help me, and I got angry at him. I-I-I tried to reject the voice that tells me to kill but I couldn't resist it." He was sick, he hated my father who couldn't assist him in need.

"10 years I-I suffer. I couldn't see my relatives because I was scares they would deceive me like
you did." My word stuttered as I told him the dejection of my heart. He looks regretful of his action, and he deserves it all.

"Why would you try to kill me, uncle?" I asked. The moment he put his hand on my neck I remember it vividly. Like a snake that crawls in my heart, it slithers its way to the pit of evil.

"I couldn't let you remember that day. I rather you die with your parents, so you could be with them." It was a gesture that shambles.

"I was saved but my soul died." I couldn't feel anything for year. Numbness becomes my best friend and fake reality cause me to escape the wretchedness. However, it ended when I met Chang-Mul. It shatters into pieces and opens up the wound that haven't healed

"I'm so sorry Minyeon. I didn't mean to do this all!"

"No matter how much you apologize. I couldn't bring myself to understand what went through your mind. I don't even know the meaning of love by my parents!" I shouted in despair. I've been lost in a maze of heartache not finding a way out. I don't want to feel like this anymore. Taking the knife out of my bag, I clasp it in hand. Chang-Mul realized it but didn't stop me.

He was ready for it.

"You took them away from me! You must pay for it!" I shouted before running straight into him. This was the final chapter of my life. The man who caused this all, is here to suffer.

"Sora!"

But a hand grab the knife, trying to grasp it out of my hand. A single glance makes me notice who it is.

Jae-Won was here.

"Don't do it Sora!" I could hear Jan-Di out cry from behind as F4 stood beside her. The whole crew was here, and all of them knew my secret.

"Move away Jae-Won this is between him and I!" I yelled, trying to fight for the knife. However, Jae-Won grip it tighter.

"Listen! Don't do something you will regret. Don't kill him." Jae-Won argued which shut me up. I was just like Chang-Mul, try to kill because of hate. A feeling that could destroy my life. I let go of the weapon and falls to the ground, with a sobs Jae-Won hold me as I cry.

"You don't know don't you?" I asked between tears that pour out of my eyes.

"When you strangle me, my mother was still alive. She whispered my name! But I couldn't do anything." Chang-Mul widened his eyes, not knowing for a decade.

"She could have been saved! Bring my parents back you monster!" I shouted, straining my voice in between. Everybody stood in silent watching in sadness. Nobody could understand how I am feeling. How a person try to kill a child and making their life miserable. Gripping Jae-Won suit I fainted in his arm.

I couldn't handle it anymore.