Chapter 29 - II

I could see his eyes enlarging at the truth. His heart crush due to my glistening tears. He didn't realize how life had been harsh for me. Woo-Bin turn speechless he couldn't utter a single word. As it got stuck on his throat.

"I'm sorry-"

"You don't have to apologize. It's just how life works." He didn't waste time in pulling me to his arm. As his chest touches my nose, his strong cologne became deep buried. I never realized how simple hug can hold meaning. My hands wrap around his shoulder as I find comfort.

"I'm here now. I'll protect you." My heart melted. He is trying to be my hero, making me feel like a princess. If only he knows how it flutters me, I don't want to let him go.

Especially this feeling.

As I laid in bed with book in hand, my phone flashes with a phone call. I turn curious when Yi-Jung name shows up. Is rare for him to call me this late.

"Sora, where are you?" His word slurred at the end making me startled. I sigh in worries at the change of his voice.

"Yi-Jung are you alright?" There was music on the background and people chatters could be heard all over.

"Sora I missed you!" I could hear the groan he added to it.

"Where are you?" This doesn't sound like the confidence Yi-Jung. He sounded intoxicated and was out of this world.

"I'm in Meskis Club." The high-end club where famous and richest go, was the place he covers his sadness. Hanging up on the phone, I pull my cardigan from the drawer. Despite the cold night I show up with enough cash in my hand. It didn't take long until I arrived. People stare at my poor clothing, but I didn't care, I was on a mission to find that man. Pushing people off, I scan every inch of the place even to the men's bathroom.

"Yi-Jung!" Eventually, I found him at one of the tables where few men have surrounded him. They were beating him as he laid on the ground in drunk state. One of them stomps his hand making me wince in pain. Rushing towards him, I cover his body with mine.

"Move away! I'm going to kill him!" One of the guy tries to push me off but I stood firm on the floor. Shaking my head, I could see them getting irritated.

"Are you his girlfriend? Do you realize he kissed my girl?!" The man beside shouted at me. I was hoping this isn't the truth, but I knew he couldn't keep his self out of trouble.

"Get of him!" I don't want to see my ex-boyfriend hurt any longer. He was already beaten into a pulp. For Yi-Jung, I would risk it all.

When I heard a groan from my left. This makes me look at the scene. There stood a familiar man who made my heart race. He stood in black with people behind him. His hand tingle as he punched the man who hurt Yi-Jung. Woo-Bin look at me and worried switch his eyes.

"You hurt the two important people of my life.
Prepare for the consequence." I was ushered by one of his men to the side, while Yi-Jung move to the hospital. My eyes watch it all, how Woo-Bin fights. His sharp and flexibility make me awe. He was fast as wind and knew which point to hit.
I couldn't help to lunge myself into his arm when it was over.

"Are you alright? Did they hurt you?!" I was touch of how worried he was. I've been afraid ever since I hold Yi-Jung in my arm, thinking both of us would be squash to death. However, Woo-Bin saved the day once again.

"I'm fine but you're hurt.." My finger touches his swollen cheek and the cut near his lip. It was an unholy sight that quench my heart. Both of the playboys were trying to give me a heart attack

"Is alright Sora. Let's get out of here." Woo-Bin has promised me. He would look out for Yi-Jung and took me home instead. On the way back, his hand caress my thigh. It was a soothing effect that has me sighing. The way my body shudder as our skin collided was enough to awaken my arousal. It eventually stop when we arrived at my place.

"Please come inside. I'll attend your wound." I requested, he was about to reject when I glare him off. There's no way I'll let him go in a state like Yi-Jung.Woo-Bin sat down as I brought the medical kits in hand. The guy was tapping his leg waiting for me. Usually, his doctor would do this but now a girl is ready to help him in a heart beat.

"Stay still. This will hurt" I warned. Woo-Bin chuckle of how serious I was. As I apply the cream for his cheek, I try to be gentle.

"Aren't you afraid of me?" The silence was eating him up therefore he asked me a question.

"Of what?"

"That I'm in a Mafia." Usually normal girls would stay out of people like this. But I was far from ordinary and beside Woo-Bin has been nothing but kind to me.

"There's thing in life that I'm not afraid of." I smile, before getting a small plaster and putting it to the cut. I realized how near we were. His breath fanning over me and my eyes cast on his succulent lip. Just a push and I'll be kissing his lip.

"All done!" I spoke before pulling away. Woo-Bin start to cough to cover what happened.

"I'll best get going. Go and get some rest." He said before patting the top of my head. Watching his back I regret one thing.

And that is not kissing him.