Chapter twelve

Having to go around the house was tiring and after finally getting far enough, she had lost the three figures. It had started to rain and thunder was coming down onto the earth. She looked around to find shelter, eyes quickly roaming over her surroundings before rushing towards the east side, finding a car that she had spotted a say ago. Prying it open with her knife, she opened the backseat door before closing it again, locking it with pieces of rope out of her bag. 

She hung up pieces of clothing so the walkers wouldn't be able to see her before steeling in for the night. She pried her leather jacket off of herself, throwing it over her body before trying to lay down comfortably on the hard material. It reminded her of when she slept on the sofa in Daryl's room, trying to get some sleep as her father was yelling at them from downstairs. 

The rain hitting the windows and the thunder around her was somehow making it easier to sleep, she found it calming in a way, knowing nature had not changed even though the world had. About an hour or so later, she woke up because of a loud bang on the window next to her. She grabbed her sniper, pointing it at the door as she sat still, listening for another sound before ripping of the shirt that was covering the window. Nothing. She frowned before looking out of the window, seeing a dead bird on the asphalt. She scoffed at her luck, re-opening the door and grabbing the bird before a hand grabbed onto hers. She screamed out as she shot at the hand, a loud moan coming from under the car as she panted, jumping out of the car and shooting the walker that was crawling out from underneath it. She sighed as she climbed into the car again, grabbing the water bottle's she had left outside the car to catch the rain water. Three of them were now full and she downed one of them within a few seconds, happy to feel the liquid streaming down her throat. 

She had crawled back into the car, tying the ropes back and putting her jacket over her upper body again, falling back asleep for about four more hours. The sun shone through the car window, hitting Measi's closed eyes as she waved her hand over her eyes. Only then, she heard the loud moans all around the car. She sat up quickly, looking around as she noticed the shirt was on the ground, she hadn't put it back up again after the walker incident. Now, she was surrounded by them, with no clear way out. Her eyes roamed over the windows as she took Merle's knife out of her boot, gripping it tightly in her right hand. 

Before she could, a sword went though a walkers head. She jumped back in the car as two more fell down to the ground, leaving an opening for Measi to jump out and kill two walkers before she came face to face with Carl Grimes. The two of them smiled at each other before killing the other walkers. As soon as they were all dead, Carl had jumped into her arms. Measi laughed in delight as she pushed her head into his neck. ''Oh my god.'' 

She pulled back ,looking at Carl's face before turning to Rick and Michonne. Rick stood with a smile as Michonne opened her arms, leading to Measi jumping into them. ''You're alive.'' Measi nodded as she than turned to Rick, the older man pulling her into a hug. 

The four of them sat around a campfire near the train tracks, grilling the dead bird and two cans of food. ''I haven't seen anyone from the prison, you guys are the very first. Dead or alive.'' She put a piece of the meat into her mouth. ''I saw you three running away from that house, I killed one of them who stood on the porch.''

''So you've been alone, all this time?'' Measi nodded at Carl's question as she hugged her jacket closely. ''That must have felt awful.''

''It did, still does.'' Carl frowned at her before she swallowed a piece of meat. ''I still haven't seen either Daryl or Nathan. I kind of have given up on Nathan to be honest with you.''

''What, why?''

''Well, if I prepare myself for his death, it won't hurt as much. If I keep hope and he does turn out dead ... it will only hurt me more than it already does. I'm not afraid of Daryl, hes a survivor.'' She sighed as she looked at her feet. ''Nathan isn't, he doesn't know how to hunt or take on more than four walkers. So ... just have a gut feeling he's gone.'' Carl placed a hand on her knee, moving his thumb over it in a smoothing matter, smiling at the older teenager as she took another bite of bird meat. 

The four of them followed the tracks, agreeing on trying to find terminus, but on their terms. Measi walked in the front next to Rick as they discussed the plan. ''We should leave some of our weapons somewhere safe, if things go south and we want to go, we have those weapons and supplies standing ready.'' Rick nodded at the girl before she continued. ''And we should find another route, we should see them before they see us, have the element of surprise.'' The older man nodded as he turned to see his son and Michonne talking and laughing. 

''It feels good to be with you guys again, it was getting pretty lonely on my own.'' She smiled as she allowed him to pull her into his side hug. ''You guys are like my family, I can't imagine my life without you anymore.'' He chuckled as she frowned. ''What?''

''Nothing, I've just never seen you this open, you're normally pretty closed of towards anyone except for Nathan and Daryl. And Glenn on occasion.'' She raised her shoulders as she smiled, looking at the tracks. ''Must be growing on you.'' He laughed as they continued their way, Measi feeling a lot safer now that she was with others again. 

Okay, so this took WAYYYYY too long, but I finally figured out what I wanted to do. So, I will be skipping two chapters because it will be too long otherwise, so we'll skip the episodes of Daryl and Beth and Maggie, Sasha and Bob. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated! See you soon!

-X Violet's-library