Season one, Chapter one

Maesi hugged Glenn before saying goodbye to him again. She looked at Merle who looked at her with a disappointing look. He hated to see his younger sister acting as if she needed people. All three of the Dixon's learned from a young age that they did not need anyone to take care of them. 

Maesi grabbed onto the strap of her sniper even tighter as she looked down to the floor, walking over to Carl, Sophia, Carol, Shane and Lori. She sat down in between Carl and Lori as she watched Andrea and Amy saying goodbye to each other. Measi just gave Andrea a small wave, trying to go unnoticed by Merle, failing to do so as he glared at her again. 

Daryl hadn't even bothered to say goodbye, he just left to go hunting again, leaving Measi, Ed and Shane to watch over the camp. Most of the crew, including Glenn, Merle, Morales, Andrea and T-dog. The only got into the van and drove off.

Measi was rubbing a cloth over her sniper before watching through her scope for any walkers near by, only spotting two of them who were too far away to be a threat. She watched as Dale took in their inventory, Lori teaching Carl and Sophia, Amy fishing and Ed ... Ed was smoking -- as usual. 

''Hey Measi, '' Measi looked down to see Shane smiling at her, a bow in his hand. ''Ever held a bow?'' She gave him a grin, nodding as she walked down the ladder. 

''Once, yeah.'' She took the bow and studied it, smiling as she did so. ''It's been a while but ... '' Taking an arrow out of his hand, she steadied it and shot into a tree, right where she wanted it. She smirked as Shane let out a wolf whistle. 

''Impressive, and I thought you'd only be good with a sniper.'' 

''Nah, I've been hunting ever since I was seven. Knifes, guns, bows, but snipers are still my favorite.'' She looked at her sniper as she did so. ''Stealthy, long distance, accurate.'' Shane gave a soft nod and took the bow back, bringing it back into the camper. 

Measi climbed back on top of the camper and looked through the scope again, seeing Carol leave her and Ed's tent with bright red and some blue bruises. She was no stranger to abuse, her father had been an abuser himself. Measi bit her lip and looked at Shane, who still hand't said anything about Ed's abuse. 

''Glenn for head camp, Glenn for head camp.''

''Hey there Glenn, Measi speaking.''

''Hey Measi! Good to hear from you! We just arrived so we should be home before sundown.''

''Good to hear, be careful. I'll let the others know.''

''Thanks Measi, see you in a few.'' Measi called them off and rushed down to the others to bring them the good news. 

Welcome to my new story! A 'The walking dead' story, finally! Hopefully you enjoyed this story, if you did please leave a vote, comment and add this story to your reading list to know when I upload again. I'll see you soon!

-X Violet's-library