Chapter six

''Daryl, you cover the back.Hello? - Hello?'' Measi held her gun close to her, still pointing into every single direction.

''Watch those doors. Watch for walkers. Hello?'' When everyone heard a noise, guns were raised to a middle-aged blond man. Measi stared at him before he spoke out.

''Anybody infected?'' Measi finally tore her eyes away from the incoming walkers as Daryl kept watching them, keeping his other eye close on his little sister. He didn't trust this place just yet.

''One of our group was. He didn't make it.''

''Why are you here? What do you want?''

''A chance.'' Measi looked back at the man who was currently staring at her, Carl and Sophia. She smirked to herself, everyone still had a soft spot for children, so they could use that as an advantage to get further into the building. 

''That's asking an awful lot these days. -- You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission.'' 

''We can do that.''

''You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed.'' Measi glanced at Daryl before they both rushed out of the building and got their stuff out of the car, shooting a few other walkers on the way. 

''Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here.'' All of them got into an elevator, Measi leaning against Daryl's side, a bit tired from all of the traveling and the commotion of getting into the CDC. 

''Rick Grimes.''

''Dr.Edwin Jenner.''

''Doctors always go around packing heat like that?'' Daryl nodded to the automatic gun in Dr. Jenner's hands, glancing at the doctor as Measi adjusted herself into his side again, resting her head on his bicep. 

''There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough.'' He glanced down to Carl and gave a playful smile. ''Except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you.''

After they stepped out of the elevator, Measi felt safe enough to put her sniper onto her back, leaving the strap over her chest as she clicked her hand gun into it's holster, noticing some others doing the same. Daryl however still held his crossbow close in his hands. 

''Vi, bring up the lights in the big room. -- Welcome to zone 5.'' Measi glanced at the hallway and frowned at the doctor, softly speaking up for the first time since they had taken a step into the CDC.

''Where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff? It can't be just you, and what about that girl you were talking to, Vi?'' Measi glanced at the man as he turned back to them, now having arrived in a big room with all kinds of computers and other screens. 

''Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them -- Welcome.''

''Hello, guests. Welcome.'' They heard a robotic voice speak, Measi let her shoulders fall and gave Jenner a apologetic smile. 

''I'm all that's left.''

Measi gave her arm as Jenner stuck the needle in her vein. She closed her eyes for a second before she opened again and saw her brother standing next to her, a hand on her shoulder. He knew how much she hated needles. Because of her high intelligence level she had a lot of tests when she was younger, she had always hated them. 

When she got up again, she stumbled into her brother, who caught her just in time so that she wouldn't fall over onto the ground. 

''Ooh.- Are you okay?'' She hummed and softly nodded her head as Daryl lead her to a couch, turning to the doctor.