Chapter thirteen - part one

Waiting for Rick and Shane to come back, the tension in the Greene house was thicker than it had ever been. The sun had disappeared into the night and they were still waiting for the two former cops to come back. 

Daryl went outside alongside Glenn, Andrea and Measi, who looked into the night. Measi furrowed her eyebrows together, getting her sniper up and looking towards North. ''Holy shit ...''

''Patricia, kill the lights.''

''I'll get the guns.'' Andrea pushed through the small crowd that had gathered on the porch, staring at the enormous herd of walkers coming their way.

''Maybe they're just passing, like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?'' Glenn suggested, his eyes fearful as he looked at the herd. 

''Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about.'' Daryl glanced at his sister, who nervously played with her hands. ''A herd that size would rip the house down.'' 

After a few minutes, Andrea arrived with the gunbag, handing the guns around. She passed Measi all the ammo for her sniper as she started to load it up and stuffing the rest into her pockets. 

''I got the number... It's no use.'' Daryl argued with Hershel, who raised his shoulders.

''You can go if you want.''

''You gonna take 'em all on?'' Daryl asked as he looked 

''We have guns.'' He clocked the shotgun in his hands, smirking at Daryl. ''We have cars.''

''Kill as many as we can,'' Andrea spoke up, also filling her pockets with ammo. ''and we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm.'' 

''Are you serious?'' 

''This is my farm. I'll die here.'' Measi gave a slight nod, she could understand that he wanted to stay at the place which he always knew. She turned to him as she grabbed her sniper from the ground. 

''What is the highest point in your house?'' 

''I'll show you.'' Maggie took her hand as she led her upstairs, further and further up until they stopped in the attic. ''This is it.'' She looked through the window before turning to Measi. ''High enough?''

Measi put the scope to her eye, roaming the area before nodding. ''Yeah, this should do.'' When Maggie turned to leave again, Measi stopped her. ''Maggie? Can I ask you for a favor?''

''Yes, of course.'' 

''Take Nathan with you and Glenn in the car. I need to know where he is and that he's safe.'' Maggie gave a nod, smiling at the teenager. 

''I'll take care of it.''

''Thank you.''

Measi watched as her group got into the cars while Lori, Carol, Patricia and Beth stayed in the house and Hershel a bit outside of the porch. When the first shot arrived from Daryl on his motorbike, she put the sniper on the bottom of the now open window and reloaded her gun, putting the scope on her eye. And than started to shoot. She tried to keep an eye on the other cars and on Hershel, but she found herself only focusing on shooting every walker she could find.