Chapter five

------In the beginning---------

Measi sat in the back of the car as she watched Merle and Daryl scout up ahead a bit further. She had her leather jacket, a pair of jeans and some sneakers. Their bags were next to her, some food, water and other supplies stuffed in them. 

She watched a young woman standing with a brown haired guy, he looked like a cop judging from his clothes. They had a boy with them, a year or three younger than Measi herself. They were sitting with another couple who had a girl around the boy's age. 

Her head turned when she heard something above her, she followed the plane to the city of Atlanta as they bombed the entire place, Merle and Daryl running to the car, getting their bags out and all three of them looking at one another before getting their bags on their backs and rushing out of the interstate. 

--------Present--------

Waking up in the camp they'd set up in the garden of the Greene family, Measi had gotten dressed and her sniper was on her back again, listening as they looked at the map.

''Morning, guys.''

''Let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover. -- All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far.''

''I'd like to help.'' Their heads turned to one of the people on the farm. Jimmy, he lived with the Greene family in their house. ''I know the area pretty well and stuff.''

''Hershel's okay with this?''

''Yeah yeah. He said I should ask you.'' Measi smirked at him, he was lying. There was no way that Hershel approved. 

''All right then. Thanks.''

''Nothing about what Daryl found screams Sophia to me.'' Shane said. ''Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse.''

''Anybody includes her, right?'' Andrea sassed back at him, everyone was getting annoyed with him more and more. 

''Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high.'' 

''It's a good lead.''

''Maybe we'll pick up her trail again.''

''No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. -- If she's up there, I'll spot her.'' Daryl moved his fingers over the map, showing the others where he was going to go.

''Good idea. -- Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too.'' Measi teased him, earning a confused look from Rick. 

''Chupacabra?''

''You never heard this? Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a chupacabra.'' Jimmy scoffed at Dale's words, Daryl turning towards him. 

''What are you braying at, jackass?''

''You believe in a blood-sucking dog?'' Measi and Daryl glanced at each other, Daryl taking the lead in firing back. 

''Do you believe dead people walking around?''

''Hey hey.'' Rick said as Measi looked at Jimmy's hand going to the shotgun, she held her hand on the weapon as Rick turned to the farmer boy again. ''Ever fire one before?''

''Well, if I'm going out, I want one.''

''Yeah.'' Measi replied, earning a smile from Jimmy, thinking that she agreed with him. ''And people in hell want slurpees.'' She smirked as she grabbed the sniper from her back and a handgun from the hood, walking away from the car.