Chapter two

''You still worrying about it?'' Measi's head turned to Andrea and Lori, a few minutes before, they heard a single gunshot and Lori was now worked up about it, stressing that something happened to Rick, Shane or Carl.

''It was a gunshot.''

''We all heard it.'' Daryl spoke up, holding his crossbow closely to his chest as Measi scanned the area for walkers. 

''Why one -- Why just one gunshot?''

''Maybe they took down a walker.'' Measi looked at Lori, who was looking at her like she was crazy, shaking her head at the teenager. 

''Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker, or Shane. They'd do it quietly.''

''Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?''

''There's nothing we can do about it, anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes.'' Daryl and Measi now stood next to each other, Daryl looked at the others for confirmation, if they were going to run around in the woods, they would sure get lost. 

''So, what do we do?''

''Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway.''

''I 'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV.'' Andrea laid her hand on Lori's shoulder, trying to calm her down before they started walking a bit again. But Andrea turned to Carol with a concerned expression. ''I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel.''

''I suppose you do -- Thank you. The thought of her, out here by herself It's the not knowing that's killin' me. I just keep hopin' and prayin' she doesn't wind up like Amy.'' She looked at Andrea, now realizing what she said. ''Oh, God! That's the worst thing I ever said.''

''We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth.''

''I'll tell ya what it's worth --'' Daryl got close to their faces, Measi crossing her arms over her chest, neither of them had ever believed in God. ''Not a damn thing.It's a waste of time, all this hopin' and prayin'. We're gonna locate that little girl. She's gonna be just fine.'' he looked at the others before turning around half-way and sighting. ''Am I the only one zen around here? Good lord.''

''I think we should call it.'' Measi spoke up, turning to Daryl before nodding at the sky. ''It's going to be too dark soon.'' He gave her a nod and turned to the others.

''Let's head back.'' 

''We'll pick it up again tomorrow?'' Carol looked hopeful, turning to Daryl and Measi, who were both glancing at each other.

''Yeah, we'll find her tomorrow.'' Lori said, looking over to Daryl, but instead, he just whistled loudly before starting to walk away, Measi close on his trail. 

''How much farther?'' Daryl and Measi stayed close to one another, well aware that a lot of thing could be hiding in the bushes. But when Lori asked that question, Measi snapped out of her concentration, turning to the woman. 

''Not much. Maybe a hundred yards as the crow flies.''

''Too bad we're not crows.'' Glenn chuckled at himself, earning another chuckle from Measi as he did, others got annoyed by him, but Measi loved him for his silly comments. No-one noticed that Andrea had dwelled off a bit until they heard a loud scream.

''Andrea?'' Lori called out, running towards the sound with the others close to her, Measi held her gun ready as she looked over the small pit that Andrea was laying in, a walker close to her until a woman appeared on a horse, knocking the walker away with a baseball bat.

''Lori? Lori Grimes? -- Whoa.'' She looked over to Andrea, but Lori spoke up quickly enough, hearing her own name.

''I'm Lori.'' 

''Rick sent me-- You've got to come now.''

''What?''

''There's been an accident-- Carl's been shot. He's still alive but you've gotta come now. Rick needs you-- Just come!''

''Whoa-whoa-whoa! We don't know this girl. You can't get on that horse.'' Daryl called out loudly, not trusting some random girl on a horse that came out of the nowhere. 

''Rick said you had others on the highway, that big traffic snarl? -- Backtrack to Fairburn Road. Two miles down is our farm. You'll see the mailbox-- Name's Greene-- Hi-yah!'' she left as quickly as she came, leaving the rest of the group in shock, turning to one another before looking in the direction the horse had taken Lori and the mysterious woman to. 

The walker that had been knocked down sat up, groaning before Daryl shot it in the head. ''Shut up.'' 

''Shot? What do ya mean shot?'' Dale asked as the others came back at the high-way. Measi swung her legs over the railing and walked next to Glenn, who tried to explain what happened.

''I don't know, Dale. I wasn't there. All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori.'' Measi giggled at his explanation before he smiled at her and ruffled up her hair, Dale turning in surprise. 

''You let her?''

''Climbed down out of my asshole, man. Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Carl's.'' Daryl said as he walked away to his bike. 

''I heard screams-- Was that you?''

''She got attacked by a walker. It was a close call.'' Glenn explained to him, Dale quickly turning to Andrea, who was walking towards the RV. 

''Andrea, are you all right?'' But he didn't get a response, none other than her slamming the door of the RV at least. 

''I won't do it. We can't just leave.''

''Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak.''

''What if she comes back and we're not here? It could happen.''

''If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful.''

''Okay. We gotta plan for this.'' Measi and Daryl exchanged glances, Measi nodding at his words. 

''I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. We'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV.''

''If the RV is stayin', I am too.'' Dale spoke up. Carol looked at the three of them, smiling in gratefulness. 

''Thank you. Thank you all.''

''I'm in.'' Andrea spoke up, Glenn looking around and taking a step forward.

''Well, if you're all staying then I'm -''

''Not you, Glenn-- You're going. Take-take Carol's cherokee.''

''Me? Why is it always me?''

''You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people and see what's going on -- But most important, you have to get T-Dog there. This is not an option. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection.'' Measi and Daryl glanced at each other, both thinking the same as they walked to the motorcycle. ''Get him to that farm. See if they have any antibiotics. Because if not, T-Dog will die, no joke.'' 

''Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle. Why'd you wait till now to say anything? Got my brother's stash.'' Dale looked in surprise, Measi and Daryl scanning through the bag. ''Crystal, X-- Don't need that.Got some kick ass painkillers. Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class.'' Daryl threw the bottles at Dale, who looked at Measi in surprise. 

''Merle got the clap on occasion.'' Measi explained 

Wauw, it's been a long time since I've been here. I hope ya'll forgive me for doing that. And please if you enjoyed this story leave a vote, comment and maybe even a follow. I hope to see you soon! 

-X Violet's-library