Chapter three- part 2

''Merle! Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrel! Let's stew 'em up.'' Measi trailed after her brother as they entered camp, knowing that their older brother wouldn't show up.

''Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you.''

''About what?'' Measi stopped in her tracks, staying close to Glenn who held a hand on her shoulder. They all knew Daryl wouldn't be happy with the news about his brother.

''About Merle. There was a there was a problem in Atlanta.'' Measi took a small sprint forward, her legs couldn't carry her with big steps like the others could, so she had to keep up with them by running.

''He dead?''

''We're not sure.''

''He either is or he ain't!''

''No easy way to say this, so I'll just say it.''

''Who are you?''

''Rick grimes.''

''Rick grimes, you got something you want to tell me?'' Measi sensed that Daryl was getting very pissed off, she ignored Glenn trying to hold her back as she walked up next to Rick, looking into her brothers eye and softly shaking her head at him.

''Your brother was a danger to us all, So I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there.''

''Hold on. Let me process this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof, and you left him there?!''

When Daryl flung at Rick, Rick pushed Measi out of the way, making sure she wouldn't get near the crossfire. Daryl got beat up for a small second before he grabbed his knife. Measi knew he was being stupid, there were two trained cops, did he really think he could win?

''You'd best let me go!'' Measi closed her eyes as Shane held him in a choke hold, she couldn't bear to watch her brother like that. She shielded herself by turning her back to them.

''Nah, I think it's better if I don't.''

''Choke hold's illegal.''

''You can file a complaint. Come on, man. We'll keep this up all day.''

''I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can manage that? Do you think we can manage that?''

''Yeah.''

''What I did was not on a whim. Your brother does not work and play well with others.''

''It's not Rick's fault. I had the key. I dropped it, in the drain.''

''I chained the door to the roof So the geeks couldn't get at him - With a padlock.- It's gotta count for something.''

''Hell with all y'all! Just tell me where he is So's I can go get him.''

''He'll show you. Isn't that right?'' Lori looked at her husband as Maesi finally turned her face back to them, biting her lip as she looked at her older brother.

''I'm going back.''

''Why would you risk your life for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?''

''Hey, choose your words more carefully.'' Daryl yelled at Shane, Measi also got up from where she was and leaned against the red car Glenn had stolen the day before.

''No, I did. Douche bag's what I meant. Merle Dixon the guy wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst.''

''What he would or wouldn't do doesn't interest me.I can't let a man die of thirst me.Thirst and exposure. We left him like an animal caught in a trap. That's no way for anything to die, let alone a human being.''