Chapter nine

Nathan sat against the car as he, Glenn and Michonne waited for Maggie and Rick to return with Daryl. he had gotten himself and Glenn mostly cleaned up with some water they had taken in the car, leaving only the busted lip visible.  

''Glenn.'' 

''Rick.'' The three of them rushed to the group. 

''Now we got a problem here, I need you to back up--'' Before he finished his sentence properly, Nathan caught sight of Merle, all three of them pulling their weapons on him, shouting between the two sides went on before Rick pulled the chaos away. 

''Hey we both took our licks, man.'' 

''Jackass.'' Daryl replied back, Nathan glared holes into Merle as he stood behind Daryl and Rick, like a little boy being scared of an animal in a zoo. After Michonne almost attacked again, some more shouting went on, Glenn having his weapon now pointed at Daryl who was protecting his brother.

''Get that thing out of my face.''  Merle laughed at that, bringing even more annoyance to Nathan than he already had. Hoe in the world was this man related to Measi? 

''Man, look like you've gone native, brother.'' 

''No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there!'' 

''Oh, yeah, man. He is a charmer, i got to tell you that.'' He leaned his head to one side, his eyes going to Michonne, confusing the others. ''Been putting the wood to your girlfriend Andrea. Big time, baby.'' Nathan lifted his eyebrows at that as he lowered his weapon slightly.  

''Andrea's in Woodbury?''

''Right next to the Governor.''

''I told you to drop that!'' As Michonne lowered her sword, Rick came closer. ''You know Andrea? Hey, do you know Andrea?''

''Yep, she does. Her and blondie spent all winter cuddling up in the forest. Mm-mmm-mmm. Yeah. My Nubian queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, cut off the jaws, kept them in chains. Kind of ironic now that I think about it.'' Nathan frowned at Michonne for a moment, before shaking his head.

''Shut up, bro.'' Daryl snarled back.

''Hey, man, we snagged them out of the woods. Andrea was close to dying.''

''Is that why she's with him?'' Nathan questioned. His eyes darting between Daryl and Merle, trying to find a resemblance between the brothers and their half-sister. 

''Yeah. Snug as two little bugs. -- So what you gonna do now, Sheriff, huh? Surrounded by a bunch of liars, thugs, and cowards.'' 

''Shut up!'' Rick snarled back.

''Oh, man, look at this. Pathetic. All these guns and no bullets in them.''

''Merle, shut up!'' 

''Shut up yourself! Bunch of pussies you roll-- '' Before Merle could finish, Rick hit him on the head with his gun, knocking him out cold. 

''Asshole.''

Measi was sitting on top of one of the tables
as she watched Hershel work on Allen's leg, her sniper resting on her lap as she took a small bite of the food that Axel had made, her stomach however decided to act out as she almost threw it back out, too worried about Nathan and Daryl. 

''You can take those stitches out yourself in a week or so.'' Measi didn't really pay attention to the conversation, she just zoned out as she tried to take another bite, that was until the celdoor opened again, reveling Beth with Judith.

''How old is the baby?''

''Barely a week.''

''To be honest, we never thought we'd see another baby.'' Sasha walked up to Beth and Judith, looking over Beth's shoulder to get a better look. ''Beautiful. -- How are you feeling?''