Chapter ten

Measi sat in her tent, reading on of Daryl's books, taking a sip of water on occasion. Beth had gotten out of her shock and Maggie and Lori decided to give the teenager a small break of babysitting the blonde. 

Shane and Rick were working on dropping Randall somewhere at the moment, they were going to drop him 18 miles out of the property. It made her feel a bit safer, knowing there was no longer anyone sleeping close to their camp.  

Andrea was sitting on top of the RV and Daryl had gone out hunting, so there weren't many people in the camp. 

''Knock knock.'' Nathan showed his face, waiting outside for her to invite him in. 

''Hey.'' She said with a bright smile, nodding her head to the right, indicating for him to come him. She put her book away as he took a seat next to her. She could see him playing with his hands as he bit his lip, as if he was thinking of something to say. ''Are you alright?''

''Yeah ... yeah I'm fine but I need to ask you something.'' She tilted her head at him, silently asking him to go on with the question. ''I - I've been thinking and I wanted to know ... you holding my hand, placing your head on my shoulder and all.'' Her eyes widened in realization, he was going to reject her, telling her off. 

''O- Oh, that.'' 

''Do you like me?'' The words took some time to sink in, she stared at him as she bit her lip, a blush creeping onto her face as she gave a slight nod. 

''Yes ... '' She whispered out, her head hung low. That's it, she blew it, she blew it all. 

''Oh thank god.'' Her head snapped up to him.

''Thank god? What?''

''You like me back.'' When he saw that it had not hit her yet, he laughed at her. ''For someone who has an above average intelligence you can be very stupid Measi.'' When she still didn't get it, he sighed. ''I like you too, Measi.'' Her mouth shaped into a smile as she finally got it, sighting in relief as well.

The two teenagers were spotted walking next to each other by the other camp members, including Lori and Maggie. Lori smiled at them as Maggie chuckled. 

''They admitted it, it seems.'' 

''Ah, young love. I'm happy for them, especially Measi.'' When Maggie frowned at Lori she sighed softly. ''Measi doesn't usually have it easy. Even before the walkers showed up, I remember her telling Glenn that she was in a very dark place before the apocalypse, that she was quite depressed and that she wanted to end it.'' When she saw the horrified look on Maggie's face, she shook her head. ''She never tried, luckily she had Daryl to fall back on, he took her to a therapist and saved her.''  

She looked back at the two teenagers who were now walking hand-in-hand around the fences. Lori smiled at the teenage girl as she turned back to the house. ''Speaking of, we should check on Beth for a while.'' Maggie gave a nod as both of them walked back into the house, glancing at the two teenagers one more time. 

''No, I think Daryl is quite okay with it to be honest, he was never one to scare of any boys, Merle was the one who did that.'' Nathan chuckled as he held her hand firmly in his own. 

''Well, lucky me than.'' The two laughed for a small moment before Measi let her head rest on his shoulder, he smiled at her as they kept walking. ''You seem quite comfortable, I thought you said it always took a while?''

''Usually it does, I never even let my head rest on Daryl's or Glenn's shoulders.'' She bit her lip for a moment as she thought of what to say next. ''I guess it kind of just happens, that I'm comfortable around you. I don't know why either.''

''Well, I don't mind it at all.'' She chuckled at his answer as they continued to walk around the fences.

After a few hours the two teens were interrupted by Lori and Maggie rushing their way, explaining how Beth had taken a knife and told the two of them that she wanted to end it. It brought back a lot of memories for Measi, but she had to be strong. She nodded as she waved Nathan goodbye and walked towards the house, getting ready to talk to Beth. 

Beth didn't want to listen to her, she fully ignored her and after a while, Measi gave up. Getting up from the chair next to the bed and looking at the other teenager. ''You think this will help? Trust me, it doesn't. Ignoring me won't make the pain go away.'' She bit her lip as she walked a few steps. ''And pushing away your sister is most certainly not going to help.''

Shane and Rick had come back, with Randall. She frowned as they brought him back to the barn, not getting why they had brought him back to the farm in the first place. Nathan came to stand next to her as he pushed his arm over her shoulders, watching the two former cops pushing him back in his 'cell.' 

A bit of a shorter chapter for today because I didn't know where to put Measi into this episode, 'cause it was mostly about Rick and Shane so yeah, that's why. Also, a big thank you to @JarJar- for voting on all my chapters. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the new relationship between Measi and Nathan, I'm not going to rush it as much -I hope.- Please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I upload. I'll see you soon!

-X Violet's-library