Chapter thirteen

''I think we got about a day's worth of water left.'' Measi spoke as she looked at the water bottles in her bag, turning to Rick as she continued. ''We're lucky it's cooled off a little bit, but...'' She caught a glimpse of Carl and Michonne a bit too far behind them. She frowned as she looked at the two of them balancing on the sides of the train tracks. ''What are you doing?''

''Winning a bet.'' Carl called over as he steadied himself with his arms. ''In your dreams.'' Michonne answered as she did the same, almost falling over to one side. ''I'm still on.'' After Carl said those words, he tried to scare Michonne, almost falling of himself as Measi and Michonne laughed at him. 

''Don't jinx yourself Sheriff.'' Measi answered as he tried to steady himself, Rick glancing between the two sides before he walked up to them. ''This might go on a while. Maybe we can speed this up.''

''Yeah, you're right. Shouldn't be fooling around. We should probably-- Carl!'' Michonne now tried to scare Carl, throwing her arms in his direction, leading to Michonne herself losing her balance and falling of, Carl throwing his hands up in victory. 

''I win. Pay up.'' He held up his hand as Michonne opened her bag, showing a big cat and a Cruncho. Rick and Measi glanced at each other, Measi seeing a small smile on Rick's lips. That had been a while, seeing Rick Grimes smile. ''Is that really the last Big Cat?'' Carl's hand hovered above Michonne, seeming to debate which candy bar to take before he went to take the big cat, leading to Michonne to protest. 

''Oh, come on.''

''Hey, but you said winner's choice.''

''Go ahead, take it. It's yours.'' She threw the Cruncho back into her backpack as she spoke up.  ''You won it fair and square.'' She frowned as Carl held out a piece of the candy bar to her, a smile on his face as he pushed it her way. 

''Come on, we always share.''

''I guess we can't have a candy bar.'' Measi spoke up as she took a couple of steps, the three others behind her laughing as they rushed to meet up with her. 

The group was walking as Measi suddenly stopped, holding up her hand as everyone stood still, frowning at the girl. ''What?''

''Shh.'' She looked around as she turned to the other three. ''Don't you hear them?'' She looked into the woods next to the tracks, hearing soft, quiet moans coming from them as she held up her sniper, looking to see how many. ''Dozen or so, want to get them or keep walking?'' Michonne and Rick turned to each other, nodding as they walked into the woods. ''Get them it is.'' She pushed her sniper onto her back, grabbing her knife from her boot as the four of them marched into the woods. 

She smirked as she gripped the knife into her three fingers. The first one came at her as she sliced it through the head, small drips of blood coating her fingers as she could hear her heart beating between her ears. The sounds around her seemed to disappear as she fought with the blade. Michonne's sword came close to her, the small ''woosh'' sound entering her ears as she turned around, running to a walker as she jammed her knife into the top of his head, both the walker and herself fell to the ground as she did so. 

She pulled the blade away before a walker had walked up to her, letting itself fall to the ground as it grabbed onto her leg, trying to bite into it before Carl shot it. The groan of a walker startled her as she grabbed her sniper from her back, shooting a walker behind Carl as he turned around, the boy giving her a nod in a thanks. Rick had pulled her back onto her feet, the panting of the two humans enter winging as they shot the same walker. The four of them looked around frantically, waiting for another walker to come up. Two minutes went by before they accepted that no walker was coming up to them. Michonne's hand was covered in blood as she tried to remove it with some leafs. 

Measi on the other hand, moved her hand to her chest. Her ribs were sore and as she lifted up her shirt, visible blue bruises were covering her chest. ''Are you alright?'' Carl asked between heavy breaths. She nodded as she let her shirt fall back on her body. ''Just bruised, I'll manage.'' She grabbed the knife from the ground of the woods, pushing it back into her shoe as the four exhausted people walked out of the woods and continuing their way over the train tracks.  As they were walking on the tracks, Measi remembered her time in the prison. 

Measi was sitting next to Beth at lunch, the girls laughing between themselves as they talked. Daryl walked up to them, giving Measi a kiss on the head in a goodbye. He was leaving on a run and Measi was staying at the prison this time. ''Bye Beth.''

''Bye Daryl.'' Measi looked between the two as he left. ''I think your brother hates me.'' 

''He hates everyone, including me.''  They laughed as he left, Daryl tuning back as they quickly stopped laughing, hiding behind their hands as they turned away from him. When he left, the two girls continued laughing before Glenn and Maggie came to say goodbye to both of them as well.  

The prison was pretty empty that day. Most of the original members were on the mission with Glenn, Maggie and Daryl and the new members stayed in their cells for most of the day. So it was only Measi and Beth in the large prison. 

The two girls were sitting in Measi's cell as Measi gasped. ''You've never seen Harry Potter?'' Beth shook her head. ''We never had DVD's and Daddy never allowed it.'' Measi stared at the girl as she shook her head is disagreement. ''I cannot believe you've never seen Harry Potter, I loved the movies.'' Beth raised her shoulders as Measi leaned against the wall behind her bed. Beth looked at the sheet in front of the cell door as she turned to Measi. ''Why do you keep that sheet up?''  Measi frowned at her as she turned to the door. ''You always say for privacy, but why do you need that?'' 

''Well, first of all, getting changed and second for fooling around.'' Beth gasped as Measi frowned. ''What? I didn't say anything bad.''  

''Yeah, but ... you mean ... '' 

''Sometimes I forget how different our upbringing is ... ''  Measi seemed to realize something as she turned to Beth. ''So you and Zach never fool around? Not even kissing?''

''Well, we kiss, but nothing more.'' 

''Not even making out?'' Beth shook her head ad Measi turned to her in shock. ''Jeez, he is patient.''  Beth kicked her softly with her leg, Measi hitting her with her left hand before Beth kicked her again, leading to the two girls to start a playful kicking fight. 

So, this is more of a filler chapter before the finale, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post. See you soon!

-X Violet's-library