Chapter seven

Nathan watched from the window as Measi, Carl and Rick were working on the farm, smiling at his girlfriend as she sat next to Carl, laughing with Rick and the younger boy. It made him happy to see her happy. He rested his head against the glass as his brown eyes traveled over to field seeing Hershel and Michonne leave with a car before he walked down the stairs. His hair was still damp from the shower as he passed Daryl, giving him a small smile as a silent greeting before walking down to the fences. It comforted him to kill the walkers at the fences, it felt like he was in control of them and that he didn't have to be afraid. 

When he caught a glimpse of Measi who gave him a wave, her fingers covered in dirt as she did. He chuckled at her appearance as he stuck the pole into another skull of a walker, a small hint of a smile on his face. 

He liked to be out on the fence, being able to help from a safe distance. He knew he could handle himself well, but he always got scared when he got face to face with them. Being behind the fence, being able to kill them without putting himself at risk felt comfortable. After around an hour later no more walkers were at the fence, he put the pole back before walking over to the trio who was still working on the farm. He smiled as he kissed the side of Measi's head, making her smile as Carl pretended to gag, making Measi shove him. 

''Stop being so childish.'' 

''I though I was a child?'' He countered back at her, making her sigh as Rick laughed at the duo alongside Nathan. 

''If you keep acting like it,'' She turned her head to the younger boy, a smirk plastered on her face. ''then yes.'' She leaned her right hand on Nathan's shoulder as she holstered herself up, giving a small wave to Carl an Rick as the couple left the field and went to the water supply to wash their hands off. 

A very short filler chapter but I just want to get into the next chapter so I'm currently writing that and uploading it as fast as I can. I hope to see you there. Please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated.

-X Violet's-library