Chapter seven

Measi was sitting next to Nathan for lunch as she bit into a piece of chicken, most of the camp was silently eating in peace before Glenn cleared his throat. 

''Um, guys.'' Her head turned to him, just like many others, still scraping their plates clean. ''So. The barn's full of walkers.'' Measi stopped her bite midair, her hand simply dangling with her fork in her hand as she stared at Glenn. 

Shane jerked away from the barn as a few walkers got to close for comfort, Measi holding her sniper close to her hands.

''You cannot tell me you're all right with this, Rick.''

''No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land.'' 

''This is our lives!'' Shane yelled back, Nathan hushing him. 

''Lower your voice.''

''We can't just sweep this under the rug.'' Andrea turned to the barn, concern on her face. 

''It ain't right. Not remotely.'' Shane paced for a moment before pointing at the barn. ''Okay, we've either got to go in there, or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time.''

''We can't go.''

''Why, Rick? Why?''

''Because my daughter is still out there.'' Carol looked over to Shane, who scoffed and gave a slight laugh at her, shaking his head at her. 

''Okay .Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility.''

''We're not leaving Sophia behind.'' Measi called out loudly, loud enough for Shane to shake his head at him. Daryl coming to his sister's aid. 

''I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago.''

''You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll.''

''You don't know what the hell you're talking about.'' When Shane got to close to Daryl, Measi pushed Shane back with her sniper, glaring at him, giving him a warning not to go further. 

''I'm just saying what needs to be said.- You get a good lead, it's in the first forty-eight hours. Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife she would run in the other direction!'' Daryl tried to launch at Shane, Measi, T-Dog and Rick holding him back. 

''Now just let me talk to Hershel. -- Let me figure it out.''

''What are you gonna figure out?!''

''If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land.''

''Hershel sees those things in there as people -- sick people. His wife, his stepson.'' Dale spoke up, some others frowning but Measi just scoffed softly as Rick turned to him. 

''You knew?''

''Yesterday I talked to Hershel.''

''And you waited the night?'' Shane yelled at him, Measi hearing the walkers in the barn push against the door. She noticed Nathan looking at the barn too, not at the argument, obviously, as he had only been with the group for a few days. 

''I thought we could survive one more night!'' He clapped back to Shane, motioning around him. ''We did. I was waiting till this morning to say something. But Glenn wanted to be the one.''

''The man is crazy, Rick, if Hershel thinks those things are alive or no!'' When the walkers finally got too loud, the others held their mouths shut, all walking into the other direction.